Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, MossyMoss said:

Damn his at 34 now, sucks to his career end this way. 

Not really though, he wanted max dollars and got it. If he truly wants a championship can’t he renegotiate his contract to take less dollars making it easier for OKC to trade him so he can go to a contender?

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Not really though, he wanted max dollars and got it. If he truly wants a championship can’t he renegotiate his contract to take less dollars making it easier for OKC to trade him so he can go to a contender?

No. NBA contracts are fully guaranteed. The only thing he could do is negotiate a buyout, but with 3 years and $124 million left on his deal, there's no way he's accepting a buyout for another 2 years.

As you said, he got what he wanted. He is the president of the NBPA and helped change the "Over 36" Rule to the "Over 38" Rule so he could sign a max contract last summer.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 6:06 AM, Leader said:

Cris Carter: "Even if the Lakers had Kawhi there, people would still question Frank Vogel. He is going to be on the hot seat all year."

Has there ever been a time in LeBron's career where his head coach wasn't on the hot seat?

ETA: • Cris Carter is one of the least knowledgeable NBA reporters out there. 

• I do think that Vogel will be on a very short leash, especially because Kidd is already there as a replacement option.

Edited by NYRaider

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 4:40 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Stupid...

It's a non-guaranteed deal, so it's not like it's hamstringing the Lakers from doing anything with him if he acts up.  If (and that's a big IF) Dwight is actually willing to buy into his role, that's still a good player to have coming off your bench.

I don't see why this is a bad move.  Non-guaranteed deal.  The past few seasons he has averaged about 8-10 shot attempts per game and will give you a double double.  If Kobe was still on the team, then yea I think this would be a terrible move.  But with LeBron and AD?  I think he fits in just fine with those two guys.

How is Howard as a defender?  Can he still be good/decent as a rim protector?

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't see why this is a bad move.  Non-guaranteed deal.  The past few seasons he has averaged about 8-10 shot attempts per game and will give you a double double.  If Kobe was still on the team, then yea I think this would be a terrible move.  But with LeBron and AD?  I think he fits in just fine with those two guys.

How is Howard as a defender?  Can he still be good/decent as a rim protector?

Howard has never committed to being a role player and that is why he has been essentially out of the league. He can say the right things every offseason but the results speak for themselves. 

Empty stats and won't commit to doing what the team needs to win. It's low risk so whatever but spoiler alert.....he's not going to help the team. Exactly the type of move the Lakers would make. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does KCP do anything well? He easily has the worst contract in all of basketball. The dude is useless. So far I’ve liked what I’ve seen from guys like Daniels, Cook, and Bradley. Green was pretty much expected to play a big role. Needed to see what kind of impact the role players off the bench would have. Howard has also done his job well with rebounds and defense but my god, he’s still terrible at FTs. It’ll be interesting to see how well Kuzma fits in once he comes back. 

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Does KCP do anything well? He easily has the worst contract in all of basketball. The dude is useless. So far I’ve liked what I’ve seen from guys like Daniels, Cook, and Bradley. Green was pretty much expected to play a big role. Needed to see what kind of impact the role players off the bench would have. Howard has also done his job well with rebounds and defense but my god, he’s still terrible at FTs. It’ll be interesting to see how well Kuzma fits in once he comes back. 

Plenty of players have worse contracts than KCP...but no, he doesn't do anything well. They could have gotten so many more useful players than him for that price.

Kuzma will be a great fit if he recaptures his 3P shot. Should be brought in as the 6th man to give the bench a big boost.