Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

On 11/5/2019 at 9:35 AM, CWood21 said:

Just going down the list of guys with the highest AAV that signed 1 or 2 year deals, it included (excluding RFAs):

Rudy Gay (2 years, $32M)
Marcus Morris (1 year, $15M)
Bobby Portis (1 year, $15M)
JJ Redick (2 years, $26.5M)
Trevor Ariza (2 years, $25M)
Taj Gibson (2 years, $20M)

Quite frankly, I'd take Danny Green over any of those guys.  Maybe you could make an argument for Trevor Ariza or JJ Redick, but Green is more valuable to me.  Personally, I'd consider the cost of KCP to be the cost of having LeBron.  If having KCP meant getting LeBron, I'm okay with that.  But if they could have moved on from him they could have had some solid depth pieces.  I just don't see anyone signing 1 or 2 year deals that would really change the Lakers' fortune.  I'd probably break down KCP into a couple of smaller pieces.

No way. We'd be BBQ Chicken vs a lot of teams without DG. And adding the 2 man game of Bron & AD and their gravity complements Green perfectly. Lets also remember coming into the season the expectation was Lebron was not defending well and that Bradley/KCP weren't looked at that highly either on defense. Ariza isn't who he was either anymore, which is fine, but not for that price lol. Pat Bev signed for similar iirc

23 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

The salt on Twitter is real. We might just be back. I love it lol. I wish tickets weren't so dang expensive but I'm trying to hit a game or 2 this year

Im tryin to get to that Lakers Suns game on Tuesday. Since im in AZ, Price has skyrocketed though compared to last year.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:05 PM, Leader said:

Dont look now but Dwight Howard's fitting in real nice with this LAL crew.

Probably the most underrated move of the offseason. I have no idea why people were so cautious about him. He averaged 17/13/2 the last season he was healthy in 2017-2018 with the Hornets. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably the most underrated move of the offseason. I have no idea why people were so cautious about him. He averaged 17/13/2 the last season he was healthy in 2017-2018 with the Hornets. 

I cant say I kept track of him only to know he went downhill during and after his last LAL stint. The why's and how's of what happened - I didnt know. Just glad to see he appears to have both feet on the ground again - is healthy - and is fitting in / contributing - which is all we need him to do.  His superstar days are behind him - but at one point, he was far from a bum. So a good complimentary piece is a good thing IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Couldn't be more happy for Pelinka for getting his extension. After Magic quit on the organization and proceeded to throw him under the bus for all his failures, it only took Pelinka one off-season to completely change the outlook and future of this team. Really hope they win the whole thing this year so Magic wouldn't ever dare step foot in Staples ever again. 

This whole team revolving around the 3 bigs is so fun to watch. Especially in today's league where bigs are becoming more obsolete. We knew this team had the talent on paper. But the chemistry, teamwork and identity they've been able to establish has been the best thing.

Edited by Nex_Gen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...