Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

Does any Laker fan still want D'Angelo back? I sure don't. I'd rather have Kuz 10/10 times. 

I remember when Russell was dealt some fans were pissed about it. Now most don't even care. 

Yeah Kuz has been the steal of the draft, should have been a top 5 pick. He doesn't hesitate at all, so aggressive. And very confident.

45 minutes ago, 808 said:

Does any Laker fan still want D'Angelo back? I sure don't. I'd rather have Kuz 10/10 times. 

I remember when Russell was dealt some fans were pissed about it. Now most don't even care. 

Yeah Kuz has been the steal of the draft, should have been a top 5 pick. He doesn't hesitate at all, so aggressive. And very confident.

It's not just Kuz for D'Angelo...it's dumping Mozgov's contract.  Early returns have been amazing.  D'Angelo Russell is an incredibly talented player, but he doesn't have the right mindset.  And I'm beginning to think there might be something wrong with his knee.

Just now, CWood21 said:

It's not just Kuz for D'Angelo...it's dumping Mozgov's contract.  Early returns have been amazing.  D'Angelo Russell is an incredibly talented player, but he doesn't have the right mindset.  And I'm beginning to think there might be something wrong with his knee.

Yeah the late 1st was a throw in for that deal, LMAO, and now it's the most important piece of it.

And yes, getting rid of Moz's contract was big time. We need to unload Deng's contract too, somehow, if we want to land two max players next summer. 

As it currently stands, I believe we can afford one max thanks to the aforementioned trade. 

Funny how signing Moz and Deng ended up being the last moves for Kupchak. Even the most casual fans could have told them those were bad deals. 

Anybody think we get to 30 wins this year? Something the Lakers haven’t done since I believe 2012... Wow that’s quite pathetic for a franchise known for dominance. Still don’t think we can get back to those winning ways of 50+ a year until we land a superstar.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Anybody think we get to 30 wins this year? Something the Lakers haven’t done since I believe 2012... Wow that’s quite pathetic for a franchise known for dominance. Still don’t think we can get back to those winning ways of 50+ a year until we land a superstar.

We're currently on pace to win 31 games.

What about trading Randle for a draft pick? I think we can unload him to a playoff team trying to make a push, much like we did with Lou Will. I like Julius and hes having a career year. I just feel we should get something for him before he leaves in FA. There is no chance he is coming back, with his limited role, Kuzma balling out and us trying to maximize cap space.

33 minutes ago, Geezy said:

What about trading Randle for a draft pick? I think we can unload him to a playoff team trying to make a push, much like we did with Lou Will. I like Julius and hes having a career year. I just feel we should get something for him before he leaves in FA. There is no chance he is coming back, with his limited role, Kuzma balling out and us trying to maximize cap space.

He has been balling. But I get the feeling our coaches and FO like the Kuzma/Nance combo at the 4 more. I say get picks back while you can, otherwise Randle will walk to a team that can offer more $$

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

We're currently on pace to win 31 games.

Would be a 5 game improvement over last season. 

On 12/21/2017 at 3:05 PM, 808 said:

He has been balling. But I get the feeling our coaches and FO like the Kuzma/Nance combo at the 4 more. I say get picks back while you can, otherwise Randle will walk to a team that can offer more $$

I know we won't, but I almost want to hold onto Randle.  I like his defense and I trust him at 5 more than Nance.  Lopez is as good as gone next year so we're about to get some time to see what we've got otherwise due to his injury.

We're gonna be hurting at C next year unless I'm missing something because right now afaik here's what we'll have at the end of the year: Nance, Zubac, Thomas Bryant.  Oof.  Maybe we look at Noel?  Boogie if he makes it to FA?

5 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I know we won't, but I almost want to hold onto Randle.  I like his defense and I trust him at 5 more than Nance.  Lopez is as good as gone next year so we're about to get some time to see what we've got otherwise due to his injury.

We're gonna be hurting at C next year unless I'm missing something because right now afaik here's what we'll have at the end of the year: Nance, Zubac, Thomas Bryant.  Oof.  Maybe we look at Noel?  Boogie if he makes it to FA?

I feel you on Randle, as he put in major work this summer to up his game. Would love to reward him with a decent extension moving forward. But you can only pay so many guys what they want.   

The game is changing, as a traditional C is being phased out. Just get guys who can stretch the floor, finish on the break, and defend the wing. Luke wants ball movement, quick pace, and lock down team Defense. I like Randle, but his inauspicious playing time gives me cause for concern in terms of his longevity with the Lakers. For reference, look at the Houston game where Lopez missed. Randle got maybe 10 minutes total, all in the 1st half. The coaching staff seems to be sending a message without actually saying the words. 

Edit: Randle obviously isn't a C or traditional back-to-the-basket player, but when your main big man misses time and Randle doesn't get more minutes, that's a terrible look. He was clearly frustrated in that Houston game; body language said it all. 

Edited by 808

2 hours ago, 808 said:

I feel you on Randle, as he put in major work this summer to up his game. Would love to reward him with a decent extension moving forward. But you can only pay so many guys what they want.   

The game is changing, as a traditional C is being phased out. Just get guys who can stretch the floor, finish on the break, and defend the wing. Luke wants ball movement, quick pace, and lock down team Defense. I like Randle, but his inauspicious playing time gives me cause for concern in terms of his longevity with the Lakers. For reference, look at the Houston game where Lopez missed. Randle got maybe 10 minutes total, all in the 1st half. The coaching staff seems to be sending a message without actually saying the words. 

Edit: Randle obviously isn't a C or traditional back-to-the-basket player, but when your main big man misses time and Randle doesn't get more minutes, that's a terrible look. He was clearly frustrated in that Houston game; body language said it all. 

Yeah you're totally right about everything. I just feel bad for Randle as he's not a bad player or guy, and he's worked his tail off for us.

Agree on finding a C who can help space the floor.  I like Lopez's ability there but his age and defense aren't attractive.  I suggested Noel because at least he can play D and help fill the Randle void.  And Cousins just because, well, he's good haha.