Roster Projection: CB, S

WindyCity

CB: Fuller, Prince, Skrine, Franklin, Shelley, Tolliver

Franklin has looked very good in camp and in the preseason game, Shelley has been praised throughout the offseason, and Tolliver has flashed. This is a young deep group and with Prince possibly being a cap cut in 2020 the development of Tolliver and Franklin is going to be an important long term story line.

S: Jackson, HHCD, Bush, McManis

This group is pretty obvious. McManis is better than DHC so he makes the team.

McManis is better at CB than DHC, but is he better at safety?

I think that decision is still up in the air.   I don't think McManis is as untouchable as many people think.

I think Jackson, Dix, Bush are clear top 3 dead bolt locks.  I don't really care which of McManis or DHC stays.  Half dozen of one, six of another.    

The corners are a really nice mix of 3 veterans and 3 high potential youth with upside.   It would be nice if some of these guys can get some run in season with a lead.

I'd love to keep DHC as well as McManis.  That would be 26 on defense, leaving 24 for offense and 3 for ST.  Hard to lose even one roster spot on either side of the ball when making cuts....

Offense would be

QB 2 (Mitch Daniel)

RB 4 (Cohen, Montgomery, Davis, Whyte)

WR 6 (Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Patterson, Wims, Ridley)

TE 5 (Trey, Shaheen, Sowell, Braunecker, Bunting)

OL 7 (Leno, Cody, Daniels, Long, Massie, Larsen, Coward)

Total 24

I think if we are only keeping 4 OLB as suggested in the other thread (which I agree with) I think we have to find a way to keep DHC too for ST purposes. To me if it comes down to that or a 5th TE I’m keeping the guy who’s going to be active weekly and contributing above replacement level on ST first. That’s DHC. 

• Like 1