How are those rookies doing?

Chiefer

4 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

What are you guys doing, writing books? LOL  I guess you luv your rooks.  Patriots:

Forgive me but I love LB's, edge rushers. And I remember painfully well when the Patriots had a chance to draft Clay Matthews and let him go to Packers. YIKES!

1. Anyway, the Pats drafted a mini-Matthews, DE Chase Winovich, who **in my book** is a real exciter. Not getting a lot of reps with a good crowded defense but he looks intriguing so far. High energy, non stop motor. Keeper!

2. Punter - Jake Bailey.  The guy can kick deep, ranked 6th best in NFL. He's 22 yo. Last Sunday he really put the screws to Eagles by keeping them buried deep the whole game and may have been the difference in a hard fought game.

Neither make the pro bowl 

Bailey's game on Sunday reminded me a bit of the Steve Weatherford punting clinic in Giants - Patriots II.

Brain-Dead Jim Nantz was yelling at the Eagles for fielding punts late inside their 10. If they let them go they were just going to spin back at the 4 like he was doing all day.

Philly started with the ball on their own 5, 3, 12, 6, and 12 after some of those punts.

If he is not AFC Special Teams player of the week then they should stop giving out the award.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Raider said:

Except for the sacks, receptions (Jacobs has 17, Renfrow has double that, you also have Moreau with the same as Jacobs, and 7 combined for Ingold and Doss), and scrimmage TDs (which Jacobs plays a big part in with 7 but you also have Renfrow, Moreau, and Ingold with 7 combined). 

Jacobs is a huge part of that no doubt, but it's somewhat foolish to act like all of those numbers are only because of Jacob's success. They aren't. And even if they are that means Jacobs is out-producing other teams entire rookie class in all of those areas. That would still be highly impressive, and it's not the case, nor do I imagine it's typically to see a team lead the NFL in all those areas in a season with one super productive rookie. 

Jacobs + JAGs

57 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Jacobs + JAGs

I disagree... But I'm not going to go on a rant talking about all of these guys being all world after 10 games. It's just as fair as writing them off as just some guys after the same sample size when almost the entire draft class is playing a pretty consistent role, if not starters. I think Ferrell, Crosby, and Mullen all have a chance to be good to very good starters, Jacobs has the ability to be all pro caliber IMO, Renfrow and Moreau have the chance to be high end second receiver/TE. 

Not going to crown any of them yet, but the early returns are more promising than how you're portraying them. 

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I like Terry, but its pathetic how he's celebrating while his team is getting destroyed 34-11 with 3 minutes left. Know your place dude.

Leave competition to competitors, if making a big play doesnt fire your butt up you shouldnt be in the game

Edited by AntonChigurh
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

What are you guys doing, writing books? LOL  I guess you luv your rooks.  Patriots:

Forgive me but I love LB's, edge rushers. And I remember painfully well when the Patriots had a chance to draft Clay Matthews and let him go to Packers. YIKES!

1. Anyway, the Pats drafted a mini-Matthews, DE Chase Winovich, who **in my book** is a real exciter. Not getting a lot of reps with a good crowded defense but he looks intriguing so far. High energy, non stop motor. Keeper!

2. Punter - Jake Bailey.  The guy can kick deep, ranked 6th best in NFL. He's 22 yo. Last Sunday he really put the screws to Eagles by keeping them buried deep the whole game and may have been the difference in a hard fought game.

Neither make the pro bowl 

TLDR

The Saints really have three relevant rookies: Center McCoy, CB/S Gardner-Johnson, and UDFA Returner Deonte Harris.

McCoy has continued to be solid in recent weeks. He struggled a bit more after Peat left the Falcons game (probably because the replacement, Clapp, was just awful and there was poor communication), but he rebounded nicely this week against the Bucs. He'd definitely be on an all-rookie team.

Gardner-Johnson has struggled a bit the last few weeks. He got beat pretty bad in deep coverage against the Bucs slot WR and has had a bunch of costly penalties. He's still a very good rookie CB/FS but there have been some recent ups-and-downs.

Harris is just dynamite. He's already one of the best returners in football. He miss this week's game, but he was really one of the very few bright spots against the Falcons. If he continues to protect the football...he's going to be a top 5 returner for a very long time.

• Like 2

C Garrett Bradbury - Has been a big part of the run game improving as much as it has but his struggles have been apparent in pass protection, his lack of strength has been apparent when he has to anchor. He’s played better as of late.

TE Irv Smith - Smith plays a lot as the flex TE in the Vikes 2 TE heavy offense. Most TEs don’t contribute much as a rookie but Smith has done really well so far. His blocking is much better than advertised. Great future ahead for Smith.

RB Alexander Mattison - Was an interesting pick in round 3 but the Vikes have gotten great use out of Mattison as a reliever for Cook. Mattison has about 400 rushing yards on the year for just under 5 yards per carry. Only 21 years old still so MN will get great value out of him under his rookie contract.

WR Olabisi Johnson - Has been an absolutel steal for the Vikes as a 7th round pick. Johnson earned the #3 WR job and has been starting recently in place of the injured Thielen. Seems to make timely catches, can’t recall any drops, and has a couple of TDS. 

LS Austin Cutting - rookie LS has played well, no bad snaps yet. 

Not really anyone worth mentioning at the moment. Dru Samia and Oli Udoh are still on the team as developmental OL, Udoh might have a future, moves well for a bigger guy. Armon Watts has also been playing more as of late with injuries to Linval Joseph.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, RuskieTitan said:

I like Terry, but its pathetic how he's celebrating while his team is getting destroyed 34-11 with 3 minutes left. Know your place dude.

I have a lot of respect for you, but come on, Terry made a fantastic play on the ball, I don't blame him one bit for celebrating at this point in the season playing for absolutely nothing being part of a trash organization. You should know better than to criticize one of the few bright spots on that team making a big play playing for the laughing stock of the league. He is showing he's here to stay and I love every bit of it, the score is irrelevant. 

7 hours ago, DBoiFresh24 said:

I have a lot of respect for you, but come on, Terry made a fantastic play on the ball, I don't blame him one bit for celebrating at this point in the season playing for absolutely nothing being part of a trash organization. You should know better than to criticize one of the few bright spots on that team making a big play playing for the laughing stock of the league. He is showing he's here to stay and I love every bit of it, the score is irrelevant. 

Sorry, but I agree with @RuskieTitan. This is not the time to be making a fashion statement. It shows that he is not part of the team's displeasure with the overall situation.