Andrew Luck Dealing With Ankle Injury; Status Not Clear For Week 1

TitanLegend

This is gonna turn into andrew's shoulder injury 2.0.

"he'll be ready for week 1"

It's week 7 and he'll play "soon"

I'd say colts fans deserve better but ehhhhhh..... Colts are probably screwed this year if Luck misses a decent chunk of time. 

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Someone is happy... Eh, @TitanLegend?

No, actually.

Luck is a generational talent and him continuing to miss out on playing time due to injuries robs us of the ability to watch him.

Luck owns the Titans because he's a great player. It's not like the Colts get some ridiculous amounts of *** pulls against us, they just outplay us, in large part due to his contributions. It's the same deal as it was with Peyton Manning. Watching him destroy the Titans was annoying, but can still appreciate greatness when I get to watch it, and Andrew Luck definitely qualifies as greatness, just as Peyton did.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Getting really annoyed with the Colts team doctors first they said a calf injury, then some “small bone” in leg now it’s a ankle sprain. It’s looking more likely Jacoby starts week 1 smh.

Someone responded to the tweet about it potentially being myositis ossificans by saying this:

Almost always see this form in the quadriceps following a direct blow. Typically a response to mismanagement of the injury and rushing back to activity too soon. Would be pretty rare to form in calf

I have no idea if that person actually knows what they're talking about, but if they do, and the training staff's mismanagement of this injury allowed for this to happen, they need to be gone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Someone responded to the tweet about it potentially being myositis ossificans by saying this:

I have no idea if that person actually knows what they're talking about, but if they do, and the training staff's mismanagement of this injury allowed for this to happen, they need to be gone.

It's a very rare injury in the calf, because it's usually seen in very large muscle groups, the calf isn't one of them.   The reason why this could be a "good news" diagnosis is the calcium deposits often get reabsorbed with physio/US/other local therapy.  But the key is the timing - if Luck suffered the new-onset calf pain in May, and presumably the Colts diagnosed the injury then....well, that's THREE months where local therapy hasn't proved effective.   That's very unusual, and pretty ominous.  When you combine it with the fact that it's not usually seen there, the fact the location/diagnosis keeps changing in this week alone...well, I'd take any speculation with a huge grain of salt on any of this...other than it's kept Luck off the field for 3 months (yes not real games, but still)....and it's going to keep him out the entire preseason.

Honestly, the way Irsay described it as a bone issue, then a high-ankle issue...seems like IND is trying to be cagey about this.  Given the fear about Achilles involvement, which is absolutely legit....man, it's anyone's guess if that's the real injury or not, and when Luck is ready to play.  

Edited by Broncofan

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Is he though? What has he done, besides being overly hyped pre-draft, to be considered generational?

Well, if he misses a significant amount of time this year, I think we're about to get more info to the debate, given his 2018 success.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Is he though? What has he done, besides being overly hyped pre-draft, to be considered generational?

I don't really know how to respond to this.

Have you watched him play? He's insane. And a lot of his production came while being on mediocre or worse teams. Last year was the first time he's had a consistently good o-line, prior to that he's been playing behind what has largely consisted of garbage cans for o-linemen, his targets outside of Hilton have been uninspiring at best, and yet he still has went out there and just continually dropped dimes and generally having the Colts at a far better record than their mediocre(or worse) roster should be at. He seems to finally have a solid head coach(just 1 year so the jury is still out, but I like what Reich did year 1), finally has a GM that knows how to build a roster around him, and is now stuck with the injuries he's had, which can probably at least be somewhat contributed to the absolute beatings he took the first 4 or 5 years of his career.

If I'm picking a QB to build a franchise around, Luck is right up there with the likes of Mahomes and Rodgers for me as to who I'd pick(assuming health, obviously).

For the last like 7 or so years I've gone through the condensed version of each regular and post season game after the season ends, largely to evaluate QBs. I'm no genius when it comes to QB play, but I like to think I have at least a somewhat decent idea of what constitutes good play and etc, and each year Luck has played(while healthy), he's always been in the top 5 or 6 of QBs that impress me the most.

He's a QB that is better than his box score stats indicate, and his box score stats are generally good, so that's saying something, IMO.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't really know how to respond to this.

Have you watched him play? He's insane. And a lot of his production came while being on mediocre or worse teams. Last year was the first time he's had a consistently good o-line, prior to that he's been playing behind what has largely consisted of garbage cans for o-linemen, his targets outside of Hilton have been uninspiring at best, and yet he still has went out there and just continually dropped dimes and generally having the Colts at a far better record than their mediocre(or worse) roster should be at. He seems to finally have a solid head coach(just 1 year so the jury is still out, but I like what Reich did year 1), finally has a GM that knows how to build a roster around him, and is now stuck with the injuries he's had, which can probably at least be somewhat contributed to the absolute beatings he took the first 4 or 5 years of his career.

If I'm picking a QB to build a franchise around, Luck is right up there with the likes of Mahomes and Rodgers for me as to who I'd pick(assuming health, obviously).

For the last like 7 or so years I've gone through the condensed version of each regular and post season game after the season ends, largely to evaluate QBs. I'm no genius when it comes to QB play, but I like to think I have at least a somewhat decent idea of what constitutes good play and etc, and each year Luck has played(while healthy), he's always been in the top 5 or 6 of QBs that impress me the most.

He's a QB that is better than his box score stats indicate, and his box score stats are generally good, so that's saying something, IMO.

I won't argue that he isn't good. He is. But I wouldn't call him generational. Being a top 5 or 6 QB doesn't mean that, unless you're saying he's top 5 or 6 all time?

Generational talents to me are Marino, Montana, Young, Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, and maybe Wilson.