Redskins vs Bengals Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 2 (8/15/19)

MKnight82

Colt McCoy will not play tomorrow. Jay said he’s not able to do much and is sore. 

Keenum will be the starter tomorrow night and Haskins will be the #2.

This probably means that Keenum will start the season unless Haskins does something spectacular tomorrow and next Thursday.

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

so i think a backup qb needs to be reliable enough to not get hurt. Colt mccoy cant win games and cant stay healthy. Time to cut ties with this guy soon.

They'll hang onto him this year, most likely. But if someone goes off and McCoy doesn't play ... well ... adios then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You heard how he got hurt didn't you ? Someone picked up Flowers and tossed him into McCoy -- Seriously- I read it . 

Really? I hadn't heard that, well that is definitely awful. Before this season even starts it just seems like the season from hell and we all thought the second half of last year was hell!

Seems to me the only thing that can save this season is the defense, running game and then if our top 4 rookies (Haskins, Sweat, TMC and Martin) show some promise so we at least get excited about our future.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Really? I hadn't heard that, well that is definitely awful. Before this season even starts it just seems like the season from hell and we all thought the second half of last year was hell!

Seems to me the only thing that can save this season is the defense, running game and then if our top 4 rookies (Haskins, Sweat, TMC and Martin) show some promise so we at least get excited about our future.

It's absolutely true - Michael Phillips just confirmed it for me . Speaking of - Just listened to his podcast with Wes McElroy from  yesterday - depressing ! Mr Irrelevant has a big bandage on his thumb, Richardson not on the field , Guice not cleared ( seems like a set back since he was full go in Richmond practices ) Keenum showing Zip and Colt can't practice and he say Trent probably can't pass a physical even if we did trade him ! 

32 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It's absolutely true - Michael Phillips just confirmed it for me . Speaking of - Just listened to his podcast with Wes McElroy from  yesterday - depressing ! Mr Irrelevant has a big bandage on his thumb, Richardson not on the field , Guice not cleared ( seems like a set back since he was full go in Richmond practices ) Keenum showing Zip and Colt can't practice and he say Trent probably can't pass a physical even if we did trade him ! 

Yeah, it's pretty much not looking like a good season this year which, sadly most of us predicted anyways. 

Well, I don't Trent can be traded anyways  if he can't pass a physical. I do know Gruden has said that even if Trent were at training camp that he wouldn't have been cleared to practice, of course that was a while back.

Oh well, hopefully Donald Penn can play average and eventually it's Haskins time in DC! I expect Case to start the season now - even though I'd just start Haskins and get that era going - and I expect our passing game to struggle with Case leading it and then in October, Haskins finally gets his shot!

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:
19 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You heard how he got hurt didn't you ? Someone picked up Flowers and tossed him into McCoy -- Seriously- I read it . 

Could be even worse than that.

(found in https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/15/20806813/the-redskins-injury-mismanagement-continues-will-the-league-be-forced-to-step-in )