Redskins vs Bengals Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 2 (8/15/19)

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

A win against the Bengals tonight is probably all we can hope for the 2019 season.

giphy.gif

Real talk, I don't like your team really, and they are a potential road block for my Eagles, y'all are really a good bunch here and it kinda sucks to see you guys well... hopeless.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

Real talk, I don't like your team really, and they are a potential road block for my Eagles, y'all are really a good bunch here and it kinda sucks to see you guys well... hopeless.

giphy.gif

source.gif

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

JP said McLaurin has been the best WR in camp.

SDH had a big wrap around his chest at practice. 

Doc Walker said that Josh Doctson has had a hell of a camp and he thinks he’ll surprise a lot of people this year...

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Danger said:

It's not just here. The entire fanbase is depressed. WJFK (local sports talk station) had a segment on this morning about how there was so little buzz about seeing Dwayne Haskins in his first home appearance tonight, even though he's a first round rookie.

The simple fact is that we're tired. Tired of the fact that every year there's some controversy or stupidity or what-have-you. We're effectively mid-2000s Raider fans, except we see that Dan Snyder is in his 50s not 80s, like Al Davis was. We have decades to go before he goes away.

So ... yeah ... that's where we are. A proud franchise that's effectively held hostage by a conniving, slimy but rich moron and his backstabbing, slimy enablers.

Growing up, it was a Sunday afternoon ritual: come home from church, grab a bit of lunch, flip on the TV, mute sound, and turn on Sunny, Sam, and Frank. That's how it was done. I would love to give that to my kids, except that the radio team is now swallowed by a toady in Larry Mitchell and the TV guys aren't much better (since we inevitably get the fourth string cast). The fanbase is effectively aging out and no one wants to go to FedEx Field (too expensive, too hard to get parking, don't want to give Snyder any money).

All we can hope for is not a disaster of a season ... but that seems like it isn't going to happen since they've alienated one of the best players on the team.

So we bide our time

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

The worse we are this year the better LT or WR we can draft next year and I’m fine with that.

If we're going that route, then trade Trent to really rebuild and address both positions.