Raiders @ Cardinals - Preseason Week 2 GDT

RaidersAreOne

I’ll say this Murray is a ultimate competitor but can he take real big boy hits and stay in the pocket is yet to be seen. Seemed like all his throws were on the run. Rus, brees, mayfield all stand and deliver from the pocket.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the typical structure for starters in PS games 3 and 4? Do they typically see more time than #2? Less?

Starters usually get the entire first half in the 3rd game then sit out the 4th game. 

I dont know who I heard it from last night, but I heard someone say our starters may not play much if at all next week in Canada for precautionary reasons. That's not an NFL field and they may not want to risk it....but then again we dont really play on an NFL field in Oakland at home lol.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Starters usually get the entire first half in the 3rd game then sit out the 4th game. 

I dont know who I heard it from last night, but I heard someone say our starters may not play much if at all next week in Canada for precautionary reasons. That's not an NFL field and they may not want to risk it....but then again we dont really play on an NFL field in Oakland at home lol.

Haha so truet. I guarantee you the field in the Bomber stadium is better than the coliseum. It's actually a really nice set up. I've been to it once and it's a better set up than the Raiders current one for sure.

I was actually planning on going to Winnipeg for it but couldn't justify the hundreds and hundreds of dollars for transportation, hotel, tickets, etc for a preseason game. Holding out for a Raider game in Vegas next season!

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

He showed me nothing as a prospect that said he would be a good NFL QB, hes a great athlete, with a decent arm and quick release, other then that he has D grades in every other QB category and nothing has changed since the draft process, all the same problems he had in college are still there.

Jamarcus lasted 3 years.

I think that Kyler will be benched (I could see him quit football and go join the A's if that happens) and Kliff will be an OC at some college by the time it comes to pick up Kylers option.

2019 will be an excuse year they will pick in the top 3 again and maybe draft Juedy is he comes out. 

2020 will be a disappointment with the expectations of a Kyler to Juedy resurrection. 

Going into 2021 Kliff will be on the hot seat and fired sometime during the season.

and that will be the end of the Kyler Murray Saga

If his offense implodes on him, I doubt he makes it that far. I want to see it in regular season action before I rush judgement. Very vanilla concepts in preseason. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If his offense implodes on him, I doubt he makes it that far. I want to see it in regular season action before I rush judgement. Very vanilla concepts in preseason. 

I didn't see the hype before and I still don't see it now, but I agree that it's too early to judge the final product.

• Like 1

Kyler isnt getting any help from his teammates. Also, Kingsbury isnt showing very much right now. I was never high on Murray, and thought it was dumb to even think of replacing DC with him. I dont think its going to work out, but its too early to know for sure. 

• Like 1

overall this game was solid, take away 2 tds in the last 4 minutes and its 33-13, all qb`s looked solid, o line did ok, wrs are solid as a rock. other than a cpl blown coverages defense was up to this particular task. cautiously optimistic would be where im at right now.lol (after the last 15 yrs very cautiously optimistic.) I will say this , when ab is in there, it will make life easier slightly for other wrs, Jacobs as well.  if everyone stays healthy we can put points on the board, just need defense to keep jelling and improving....to be continued.

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

So you use 15 pass attempts of preseason football as confirmation on your scouting report. Interesting. 

What part of scouting of him before he got drafted is not understandable, I didn't like him before and I still don't, I saw the same issues last nignt that I believe he was way overrated coming into the draft.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That was a very good play by him, he needs to do that way more with the kind of athletic ability he has.  

Pierson-El impressed me, heck they could be their punt return man for 10 years.  That kid is very smooth and natural in the return game, looks good out there and can play a little backup WR as well.  Doss looked very strong and tough at WR also, good hands and uses his body well.  Not to mention that Gafford kid who looked like a burner and the one and only Hunter Renfrow as well who brings great slot potential and route running obviously.  Oh and you got AB!  Lot of people in the media make fun of Gruden especially after last year but that roster is rounding out pretty well.

You got Hankins who looked decent in the middle and Anthony Rush I liked a lot on UAB and Hurst who will be improved not to mention Hall as well and Ferrell.  And Key should be much improved and nice seeing him being active on the edge as well.