Week 1: Sunday Night Football: New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Acgott

The Giants match up very well against Dallas.  I expect similar results to last year, but I think the Giants offense will do better this year.  Our receivers versus their secondary is a huge mismatch.  They'll need to get pressure 

12 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Looks like Elliot will play this weekend. The next question is if OBJ will play and how effective 

Good.  We would never hear the end of their whining if they played without Elliot and lost. 

11 hours ago, Gmen said:

Good.  We would never hear the end of their whining if they played without Elliot and lost. 

Exactly. We held him to his fewest YPC of any team last year and held him to under 80 yards per game. Until he shows us otherwise, I'm not scared of playing him. 

I'd also rather OBJ just sit this one out. I know it would suck to lose to Dallas in the opener because we don't have him but his season-long health is crucial to our chances. I don't want to mess around with an ankle sprain.

11 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

Exactly. We held him to his fewest YPC of any team last year and held him to under 80 yards per game. Until he shows us otherwise, I'm not scared of playing him. 

I'd also rather OBJ just sit this one out. I know it would suck to lose to Dallas in the opener because we don't have him but his season-long health is crucial to our chances. I don't want to mess around with an ankle sprain.

I'm not forfeiting a divisional game against our likely competition for the division crown.  OBJ will always play with a nagging injury like it or not.

Archived