Week 1: Sunday Night Football: New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Acgott

On 9/6/2017 at 9:49 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

I'm not forfeiting a divisional game against our likely competition for the division crown.  OBJ will always play with a nagging injury like it or not.

Agreed but a high ankle sprain for a WR is scary business. Come back too soon and you risk missing significant time. 

I'm honestly OKAY with him not playing. Believe it or not, I think it could potentially be a great thing for this offense. The last couple years the offense has relied far too heavily on OBJ. We have plenty of weapons now and this is a good opportunity for Eli to involve them all into our offense. The biggest question to me is still the o-line and running game. If we can do a solid job in those two aspects, there will be plenty of looks for Marshall, Shepard, Engram, and Co. Then once Odell is healthy, adding a weapon like him to an already well functioning offense (hopefully) would be a massive boost.

Winning this game, with or without Beckham, will be just as sweet. Losing without him would be so disappointing. I hate thinking "what could have happened".

I still think he plays, even with all sources saying otherwise. I've been saying that for almost 2 weeks now. We will see if I'm right. 

Holding them to a FG is decent.

The offence needs to give the defense a breather if not able to score.

Otherwise it's going to be the Packers game all over again. Defense gets gassed and a strong offense smacks us down.

Archived