Week 1: Sunday Night Football: New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Acgott

I actually had the Giants winning the division on a 8 team division winning parlay and I am not sure what I was thinking when I placed that wager b/c as it looks right now the Giants will be lucky to get a wildcard spot. The Cowboys aren't even supposed to have a pass rush but the Giants seem to be unable to hold them off. How are you supposed to move the sticks when you don't even attempt to throw at or beyond the first down markers.  

Its more then just the Oline too. This scheme is not very good. Macadoo is not the offensive guru they thought he was. Way too many short dumpoffs, badly designed screens, ineffective run designs. And to be honest Eli is about done. Arm strength is declining, accuracy is rapidly declining, and the inconsistent line play has him in a constant state of rattled.

I actually beg to differ. I think it is purely the line. 

I dont doubt that Eli is declining, but I think a lot of the stuff could be mitigated if the Right side of the Line wasn't utter trash.

I never thought McAdoo was as good as people made him out to be. I genuinely would argue if you gave Coughlin the same team last year he would do more. So I am disinclined to give McAdoo blame because I never gave him the credit.

Everyone knows JR hadn't given Coughlin much to work with talentwise for a little while.

This isn't the game to be saying Eli is done. Bobby Hart has been a liability and that's being kind. Flowers has been fine which is encouraging.

Even with Beckham last year we were bad. Now without him we are inept. The thing with this game you  can't even pin it down to one thing. We were bad in every way offensively. Passes high, passes behind. Receivers struggling to get open (it appears), protection struggling, run game ineffective. 

They show a clip of Damon Harrison shaking his head as if to say "this offense can't do anything". 1st game of the year but  it seems like more of the same of last year

19 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

This isn't the game to be saying Eli is done. Bobby Hart has been a liability and that's being kind. Flowers has been fine which is encouraging.

Even with Beckham last year we were bad. Now without him we are inept. The thing with this game you  can't even pin it down to one thing. We were bad in every way offensively. Passes high, passes behind. Receivers struggling to get open (it appears), protection struggling, run game ineffective. 

They show a clip of Damon Harrison shaking his head as if to say "this offense can't do anything". 1st game of the year but  it seems like more of the same of last year

Eli costs us at least three drives this game.

I'll grant that every QB has their moments, but we cannot rely on him anymore.

5 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Eli costs us at least three drives this game.

I'll grant that every QB has their moments, but we cannot rely on him anymore.

Eli played his part but you're kidding yourself if you think that 3 drives explained our lack of execution

Eli has always been lacking in accuracy short

What I don't get is that we have a 6"5" WR and we're forcing him to adapt to what we want rather than the other way round. It is inexcusable that we don't use his 6"5" body more effectively especially without Odell. Now I didn't follow the preseason and offseason at all aside from the draft and FA, but I heard he was injured so how much role did that play? 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Eli played his part but you're kidding yourself if you think that 3 drives explained our lack of execution

Eli has always been lacking in accuracy short

What I don't get is that we have a 6"5" WR and we're forcing him to adapt to what we want rather than the other way round. It is inexcusable that we don't use his 6"5" body more effectively especially without Odell. Now I didn't follow the preseason and offseason at all aside from the draft and FA, but I heard he was injured so how much role did that play? 

tbh my focus on Eli is due to the nature of football broadcasts

it's hard to judge anyone else without the all-22

Regardless, Eli is a huge part of our offensive inadequacy.  I know we'd much rather blame everything on Hart, Flowers, and Mac...but you can skirt around the elephant in the room for so long.

Archived