TCMD League SIM - Official Signup

ny92mike

NFL Total Control

League SIM

Powered by Total Control®

Attention:  I’d like to have members sign up for this keeper as soon as possible so that any changes to the following guidelines are being addressed by the actual team owners of this sim.

When you sign up, include your fan favorite team along with two other options.  We'll do our best to pair you with the team of your choice.

Introduction & Sign Up Process

Starting in late September, TCMD is introducing a keeper league.  This Owner’s League will consist of 16 active members with the option for expansion teams in the future.  So if you’re interested in being part of this let me know. To give this keeper the best chance of success it’s vital we sign members dedicated to being active participants, so I’ll be selective in whom is brought in this first year.  I’m looking for members that can carry a discussion within the forum, a willingness to help out beyond just managing their own team needs. I’m more than happy to do the bulk of the work required but a project this size does require some assistance to insure that it is managed and maintained effectively.  Those willing to assist in managing draft boards, waiver wire and just general upkeep on the workbooks will get preference over those that don’t. In addition, I’m asking for a minimum one year commitment.  

The tentative schedule for this first year is a bit longer due to the added initial roster building phase.  The second year will start later in the year and won't take as long so don’t let the schedule prevent you from signing up.  The holidays during these winter months are important to me, so there will be ample time before and after each holiday.  Also, know that this isn’t an active keeper that runs the entire year. Just like with all the other TCMD mocks, things are conducted in phases during certain times of the year and closes shop during the summer months.  

The structure of this SIM is designed to keep the focus on the off season as all of my previous mocks have done.  You’ll manage a year round Top 51 salary cap as you build your roster through; free agency, draft, waiver wire and trades.

The regular/ post season schedule will only last a couple months, but will be a full season schedule.  Anything more than that, I simply don’t have the time to manage. In order to achieve this I’ve designed a score simulator that projects the outcome of the game based on irl player statistics.  So rather than creating game plans for each matchup, we'll be voting on the simulated results (agree/ disagree).  

Proposed Schedule

This first season will start mid-late September time frame, providing ample time to conduct the initial roster building phase, which will take roughly a month to complete, and by far the biggest event for this keeper.  From there, the normal start date of Nov. 1st will kick off the regular season, which will last for about a month and the postseason taking the first week of December.  We’ll take a break for the holidays and pick it up again for the offseason come early April. So first year, we’re looking at a total of 4 months with the entire week off for each holiday.  The schedule will be broken down into phases, and posted early enough to avoid conflicts.  

Members will be asked to attend a yearly meeting after each season is over to discuss and vote on new ideas to better this SIM.  Major rule changes are open for debate during this yearly meeting but ultimately any major changes that would require a complete overhaul of the workbooks or suggestions that would radically change the core structure of the tcmd mock will ultimately be my decision.   Advocating for a change such as including an additional FA bid slot, even though it would require overhauling a portion of the workbook, I consider this to be a minor change. Any minor changes voted in would take effect the following year, unless it is to correct a loophole or error within the workbooks would be addressed immediately.

Initial team roster building

Phase 1 -  Selecting your complete team

If you’re a fan of a specific team, and I mean a real fan of the team I’ll do my best to match you with your favorite team, to kick this off.   If you’re wanting to start off with a different team or if your favorite team has already been handed out to a fan, a randomized draft order will be generated at which time you’ll get to select the team to kick this team building process off.

Phase 2 - Positional Draft - (6 Rounds)

The remaining unselected 16 teams are broken down into position groups, which we’ll be drafting during this section of the team building phase.  To determine the draft order for this section, we’re taking the past 3 years of standings, getting the average with the most current year having more weight than previous years.  

• Once you draft a position group, you can not draft that same position group again.

• Must work quickly to get back under the cap, but I understand that trading takes time, so during this part I won’t push the over the cap rule.  

Phase 3 - Individual Draft - (6 Rounds)

This is your standard draft where you are selecting a single player per round to fill out your roster.  The draft order for this part is the same as part one, with the addition of adding the current Simulated Standings based on the roster you create in part one and two getting averaged into the mix.

• Same cap rules in part two apply here.  

Phase 4 - Veteran Free Agency (VFA)- (8 to 10 Bidding Rounds)

The Veteran Free Agency is a tcmd style free agency, where teams place bids on the available players that were dropped or not signed during either of the initial drafts.  The TCMD style FA, If you’re not familiar with it’s system, you’ll have 6 slots to bid on players, 5 for bidding on VFA and 1 bid slot for a replacement bid in case you’re outbid in one of the 5 VFA bids.  As you build your contracts for these players, you’ll know if your bid is within one of the highest top 5 offers as well as how many teams have pending bids on the player. Just keep in mind that owners can adjust their bids at any time prior to locking them in.  Each player has a required APY and length amount that they will accept as a minimum valid contract offer. After each round of bidding these amounts are decreased by 10% to 20% until the APY and length are at the vet min / one year deals (will have an exact decrease % value once I see the amount and talent of players.   Releasing a player, you’ll have the ability to resign him on a potentially cheaper deal within this FA, if you aren’t outbid by another team, but there is no hometown discount for this Veteran Free Agency.

• Bids will be rejected if either of the following rules are exceeded.

• Cannot exceed a 90 man roster.

• Cannot exceed the Top 51 cap.

• Structured contract must meet all criteria to be considered a “Valid Contract”.  (more details to follow)

Finalize your initial roster

There are some restrictions as to which players can be dropped / added / traded during this preliminary roster building sections above.

• Last year’s rookie 1st round draft class cannot be traded (potential rule change)

• Cannot trade players drafted in the individual 6 round draft.

• All trades during this initial phase must be approved by the trade council.

Using restructured irl contracts, meaning bonuses not listed as signing bonuses are added to the base salary of the contract, because we are only using the base and signing bonus of the players contract this is required to make the base and bonus match the cap hit.   Contract data is collected from www.spotrac.com.    

Each member will decide which players they’ll retain, drop and/or trade.  

• By retaining the player, you agree to the player’s current adjusted irl contract; both in length and salary for each contractual year.

• Trading or releasing during this initial roster building phase doesn’t accrue dead money, as this is designed to completely erase the entire contract without any cap penalties.

• Trading players the new team takes on the player’s contract in its entirety and the old team assumes no cap penalty.  

• Released players, the entire contract is removed without penalty and the player is added to the Veteran FA, regardless of experience.

In Season - Year One

I’m still trying to figure out exactly how I want to set up this first year SIM to play out, so if you have suggestions let me know.  The general idea is that each week we’ll simulate 4 weeks worth of games.  We’ll vote on those simulated weeks either siding with the outcome of the SIM or rejecting it. I’d like to allow for a “callout” challenge, that an Owner can use a few times during the regular season if the team owner would like to create a written game plan that both teams type up to be used to sway voters over the simulated outcome.

You’ll have attempt percentage sliders that you can use to adjust the offensive game plan as well as additional defensive position percentage sliders to be used to put more focus on certain position groups to boost your chances of winning the simulated games.

The simulation uses irl stats from the most current season to generate game scores for the entire regular season.  The postseason, we will provide the Simulation results but all post season games, members are required to submit depth chart and game plans.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

Click here for TCMD League SIM Guidelines

I'm still finalizing the guidelines but the bulk of the initial roster building phase is complete.

If you have questions or suggestions post them here.

Once we've got all 16 teams assigned an owner, we'll sort out the divisions and season schedule.

League Information / Team Name / Location / Logos

TEAM Team   TCMD TEAM NAME Location Owner
NewYorkJets NYJ       @bcb1213
ChicagoBears CHI       @BowserBroncos
DenverBroncos DEN       @Counselor
NewEnglandPatriots NE       @Deadpulse
SanFrancisco49ers SF       @DTMW78
PhiladelphiaEagles PHI       @EaglesPeteC
NewYorkGiants NYG USAFE-492nd-FS-Madhatters-RAF-Lakenheath-AMU-squadron.jpg UK Madhatters Lakenheath, UK @ny92mike
ClevelandBrowns CLE       @rackcs
KansasCityChiefs KC       @samsel23
NewOrleansSaints NO       @SirA1
JacksonvilleJaguars JAC       @TedLavie
DallasCowboys DAL       @Whicker
PittsburghSteelers PIT       @wwhickok
ArizonaCardinals ARI        
AtlantaFalcons ATL        
BaltimoreRavens BAL        
BuffaloBills BUF        
CarolinaPanthers CAR        
CincinnatiBengals CIN        
DetroitLions DET        
GreenBayPackers GB        
HoustonTexans HOU        
IndianapolisColts IND        
LosAngelesChargers LAC        
LosAngelesRams LA        
MiamiDolphins MIA        
MinnesotaVikings MIN        
OaklandRaiders OAK        
SeattleSeahawks SEA        
TampaBayBuccaneers TB        
TennesseeTitans TEN        
WashingtonRedskins WAS        

Management

• Owner/Operator  -  @ny92mike
  • Commissioner - @samsel23
    • Assist me in updating the main workbook.
    • Point of contract.
  • Committee Lead Director - @TedLavie
    • Updates the workbooks pertaining to trades.
    • Vote on various transactions required of the committee    
  • Committee Board Member (4 members) - @bcb1213  @Deadpulse @DTMW78  @BowserBroncos
    • unbiased member
    • Review salary cap and other relevant information to approve trades, extensions and restructures.      
  • Draft Board Management   - @EaglesPeteC 
    • Assist in keeping the draft board up to date.
  • Waiver Wire Management - @Whicker   
    • Assist in keeping the waiver wire up to date.
  • Franchise Management / Scheduling Director -  @rackcs
    • Assist in creating the schedule.
    • Go to for name / location and division alignment at the start of each season.
  • Guidelines Management 
    • Tech writer needed
    • Insure that the guidelines are up to date when new rules are added each year. 
  • Creative Writers/ Analyst - @wwhickok    
    • Writers and Analyst dedicated to giving the forum some excitement using creative writing.
  • TCMD SIM Moderator  - @Counselor
    • Stifle any debate that gets out of hand. 
    • Point of contact to report any complaints

Sub=forum Moderator  - @TheKillerNacho

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

Guideline outline

Off Season Guidelines

Schedule & Divisions

Team name, location and logo changes

Roster and League Cap Management

• League Cap

• Dead Money

• Carryover

• Roster Cnt

Calculating each type of transaction

Player Extensions and Restructures

5th Year Option

Free Agency Contract Structure & Guidelines

• ERFA

• RFA & Tender Offer Sheet

• UFA

• UDFA

• Waiver Wire

Franchise and Transition Tags

Trade Restrictions

Committee Guidelines

• Membership Responsibilities

• Trading

• Extensions

• Restructures

Annual Owners Meeting

• Proposals

• Discussion

• Voting

Informative Information

• Vet Min amounts

• Player Expected Contract Data

• Tag / Transition amounts

• RFA Tender amounts

• 5th year option amounts

League Expansion

In Season Guidelines

• Regular Season

• Schedule

• Callout Rules

• Game planning

• Voting

• Post Season

• Schedule

• Tiebreaker

• Game planning

• Voting

• Offensive Slider

• Defensive Sliders

Simulation System Details

Workbook walkthrough and navigation Videos

Edited by ny92mike

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Steelers are taken so I'll go with the Browns. If someone whose favorite team is the Browns wants them I'll switch though. 

@cortes02 is expected to join and he's a huge Browns fan, but we'll find you a team.  Giving the guys that helped me with a recent test run the chance to join.

Edited by ny92mike

Also wanted to say if the team owners would like to assign a co-owner thats cool too.

Should a Giants fan stumble across this and would like to join I'd be happy to include a co owner.

In fact would prefer a co-owner.

Edited by ny92mike

32 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@cortes02 is expected to join and he's a huge Browns fan, but we'll find you a team.  Giving the guys that helped me with a recent test run the chance to join.

Fair enough. Just put me down for a spot and I'll pick a team when it's filled up then.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Fair enough. Just put me down for a spot and I'll pick a team when it's filled up then.

Already done it.  Sorry man, I've always given preference to members that have helped me with this tcmd project. But know that I'll get you a team, during the test we ran a few weeks back once the initial roster build is finished, most of these teams aren't recognizable anyway.

Personally, if I wasn't crazy I'd look to get a team like the Bears, who have some really solid pieces already on their roster.  Also keep in mind that you can change the team name, location and logo to personalize your team.

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Already done it.  Sorry man, I've always given preference to members that have helped me with this tcmd project. But know that I'll get you a team, during the test we ran a few weeks back once the initial roster build is finished, most of these teams aren't recognizable anyway.

Personally, if I wasn't crazy I'd look to get a team like the Bears, who have some really solid pieces already on their roster.  Also keep in mind that you can change the team name, location and logo to personalize your team.

All good, I get it. I don't really have any attachment to any team other than the Steelers so I'm not really picky about the team I get it. I'm pretty much just gonna go for the youngest, most talented team I can think of.