Packers Extend Lane Taylor

packfanfb

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-sign-G-Taylor-to-contract-extension/fd0cd701-58b7-4f1c-bc5f-c2176c684a2d

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/packers-sign-lane-taylor-to-contract-extension/

So much for that high IOL in the draft.  More like a high LOL.  Lol.  I'll see myself out. 

Update:

3 years, 16.5 million with a 5 million signing bonus.  This staff of ours got something out of nothing with yet another interior offensive lineman nobody expected anything from.  The trend continues.  I'll stop gloating eventually. 

37 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-sign-G-Taylor-to-contract-extension/fd0cd701-58b7-4f1c-bc5f-c2176c684a2d

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/packers-sign-lane-taylor-to-contract-extension/

So much for that high IOL in the draft.  More like a high LOL.  Lol.  I'll see myself out. 

Update:

3 years, 16.5 million with a 5 million signing bonus.  This staff of ours got something out of nothing with yet another interior offensive lineman nobody expected anything from.  The trend continues.  I'll stop gloating eventually. 

Is Linsley and Evans not still FAs? Are you plugging McCray and Patrick in as starters? IOL is a huge need for this team.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Is Linsley and Evans not still FAs? Are you plugging McCray and Patrick in as starters? IOL is a huge need for this team.

That's what we were saying when we lost Sitton and Lang was an impending free agent.  Betcha 20 bucks I'll be saying something similar to you this time next year, but every time I'm proven right it's somehow a different circumstance or everybody forgets we were in the exact same situation earlier, multiple times. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's what we were saying when we lost Sitton and Lang was an impending free agent.  Betcha 20 bucks I'll be saying something similar to you this time next year, but every time I'm proven right it's somehow a different circumstance or everybody forgets we were in the exact same situation earlier, multiple times. 

The draft was awful for OL this year. That's why we made the moves we made. It was brilliant strategy. We had holes in the secondary and it was a once in a decade draft for DBs. We patched the OL with a capable vet. If the 2018 draft is weak on OL, we should do it again, of it's not, I expect us to double dip on days 2/3.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The draft was awful for OL this year. That's why we made the moves we made. It was brilliant strategy. We had holes in the secondary and it was a once in a decade draft for DBs. We patched the OL with a capable vet. If the 2018 draft is weak on OL, we should do it again, of it's not, I expect us to double dip on days 2/3.

I'll bet you a like and an admittance of being dead wrong we don't take an interior offensive lineman in the first three rounds regardless of who is available in the 2018 draft.  Hell, I'll even add the fourth round.  Double hell, fifth round, too.  Stipulation being that they didn't play tackle in college. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'll bet you a like and an admittance of being dead wrong we don't take an interior offensive lineman in the first three rounds regardless of who is available in the 2018 draft.  Hell, I'll even add the fourth round.  Double hell, fifth round, too.  Stipulation being that they didn't play tackle in college. 

I'm not sure why you're so convinced that @Packerraymond is specifically talking about pure IOL.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Taylor got a $ 5 million signing bonus...gotta be cool to look up your checking account balance and it says:

$ 3, 258, 463. 27

And the best part is that signing bonus is spread evenly not only through the new 3 years he has on his new deal, but also the final year of his old contract which creates less dead cap in future years.

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Taylor got a $ 5 million signing bonus...gotta be cool to look up your checking account balance and it says:

$ 3, 258, 463. 27

Meh . . . even if I deposited a check with that many digits, I'd still get the ATM slip saying "available balance: $800"

Archived