Packers Extend Lane Taylor

packfanfb

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'll bet you a like and an admittance of being dead wrong we don't take an interior offensive lineman in the first three rounds regardless of who is available in the 2018 draft.  Hell, I'll even add the fourth round.  Double hell, fifth round, too.  Stipulation being that they didn't play tackle in college. 

They could play OT in college, that's an organizational stance, but I bet from day 1 if we take any OL early, whether he's a college OT or not, he'll play strictly IOL here.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-sign-G-Taylor-to-contract-extension/fd0cd701-58b7-4f1c-bc5f-c2176c684a2d

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/packers-sign-lane-taylor-to-contract-extension/

So much for that high IOL in the draft.  More like a high LOL.  Lol.  I'll see myself out. 

Update:

3 years, 16.5 million with a 5 million signing bonus.  This staff of ours got something out of nothing with yet another interior offensive lineman nobody expected anything from.  The trend continues.  I'll stop gloating eventually. 

I don't recall anyone saying this. 

That OL class was abysmal. 

7 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I don't recall anyone saying this. 

That OL class was abysmal. 

Forrest Lamp is already on IR IIRC.

Taylor has been a pleasant surprise for us, but we've gotta be thinking long-term. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded back again next year and went after IOL early.

...on the other hand, Brian Schwenke was released earlier. Perhaps he's worth a look-see?

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers took Bahk and Tretter right after Schwenke was drafted in '13.

Pretty sure we got the better end of that deal (and Schwenke has already re-signed to the Titans 53 )

Crap....well, you can't trust the Colts players or their cuts. Pagano will be cut after this season and I wouldn't be surprised if Luck did everything in his power to get traded...

55 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's what we were saying when we lost Sitton and Lang was an impending free agent.  Betcha 20 bucks I'll be saying something similar to you this time next year, but every time I'm proven right it's somehow a different circumstance or everybody forgets we were in the exact same situation earlier, multiple times. 

The team talked about how bad they wanted to keep Lang, the Evans signing was done because they did not get anyone in the draft and Lang leaving right?

10 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

The team talked about how bad they wanted to keep Lang, the Evans signing was done because they did not get anyone in the draft and Lang leaving right?

Actions speak louder than words, and the Packers offer to T.J. Lang was significantly less than what the Lions and the 3rd team (I'm drawing a blank) made for him.

Just now, PackyAttacky said:

Name one time when a coach or staff member has ever said, "Good riddance, we didn't think he was worth that."  If a woman asks you if she looks fat in a dress, do you tell her the truth if she does?  I'm not going to grant this as a valid point because the Packers aren't going to say, "No, we didn't want to re-sign him."  Especially when we have to play him twice a year now. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Name one time when a coach or staff member has ever said, "Good riddance, we didn't think he was worth that."  If a woman asks you if she looks fat in a dress, do you tell her the truth if she does?  I'm not going to grant this as a valid point because the Packers aren't going to say, "No, we didn't want to re-sign him."  Especially when we have to play him twice a year now. 

You hear from a player or agent that the team did not contact them at all, ALA Datone Jones, I think Hyde said he did not get an offer either.

Archived