Packers Extend Lane Taylor

packfanfb

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Certainly not a fan-favorite, but he's getting the job done

I feel like this is about to change.  A significant portion of NFL fans have absolutely no idea what they're looking at when they watch OL play (and almost everybody who's not a former OL misses a lot of the subtleties) so people's impression of "which OL are good" is based largely on "which OL they are aware of" and a lot of that is dictated by "which OL the announcers are talking about."  Since the announcers mostly don't understand OL play either, they will often base "who's good" on "who is getting paid."  You can see this, for example, in how the public perception of Bakhtiari shifted after he got paid.  Bakh got better, certainly, but he didn't suddenly shift between "a liability" and "an asset" because he got paid.

Just now, PackyAttacky said:

You hear from a player or agent that the team did not contact them at all, ALA Datone Jones, I think Hyde said he did not get an offer either.

Yes, but I don't understand how Lang has been anything different from what we've seen there before.  We'll re-sign guards for team-friendly deals.  Sitton, Lang, Taylor... All of them have re-signed for team-friendly deals.  If we really wanted to keep Lang, we would have offered the same the Lions did.  Lang himself said he wanted to re-sign here.  Lions offered more, we didn't match, we must not have really wanted him.  We certainly could have afforded him. 

26 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like this is about to change.  A significant portion of NFL fans have absolutely no idea what they're looking at when they watch OL play (and almost everybody who's not a former OL misses a lot of the subtleties) so people's impression of "which OL are good" is based largely on "which OL they are aware of" and a lot of that is dictated by "which OL the announcers are talking about."  Since the announcers mostly don't understand OL play either, they will often base "who's good" on "who is getting paid."  You can see this, for example, in how the public perception of Bakhtiari shifted after he got paid.  Bakh got better, certainly, but he didn't suddenly shift between "a liability" and "an asset" because he got paid.

A good amount of Packer fans brought up how good of a pass blocker he was and how he needed improvement in run blocking. But for the most part you are right. I remember watching games with some buddies and whenever Clifton jump offsides I had a buddy screaming that he should have been canned years ago, not realizing that he was one of the most underrated left tackles in the NFL at that time.

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Disagree - you don't let the idiot Lions set the Packers salary cap.

The Packers made a fair offer, the loser-Lions had to way overpay to get Lang out of GB.

PackAttacky liked this post, but who are you disagreeing with here exactly?  I feel like you're disagreeing with him, not me. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

PackAttacky liked this post, but who are you disagreeing with here exactly?  I feel like you're disagreeing with him, not me. 

I am fine with them not overpaying for people, but their plan would appear to be to bring back Lang and they went another direction. I don't think the plan was to go with Evans.

57 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Me...sure.  you give them a shot to get some push .  Will MM, that is a whole different question.

11 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

SG toss to Lacy?

Umm...be a bit wierd tossing to the opposing teams RB.  Can't put it past MM though 

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Haha. I'm not terribly scared to run it there but it's hardly a strong point. But I'm kind of worried about our run blocking overall anyways. 

Hard to be a good run blocking OL when that is the secondary emphasis.  Pass first team in offensive philosophy.  

Archived