Packers Extend Lane Taylor

packfanfb

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Hard to be a good run blocking OL when that is the secondary emphasis.  Pass first team in offensive philosophy.  

And I'm sort of fine with that. It makes sense. Can't have it all. We were just talking about the left side and I'm not sure I would answer differently running behind any two guys. 

For me it's the whole vs 1 aspect.  Bahk is top 5 LT.  Ok to have a lesser player next to him.  

Lang / Sitton were top 5 ish, and having a developing OT next to them worked.

GB went from having 2 top 5ish OG to now having 2 top 5ish OT.  Cyclical nature of things as players develop, drop off, move on.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

For me it's the whole vs 1 aspect.  Bahk is top 5 LT.  Ok to have a lesser player next to him.  

Lang / Sitton were top 5 ish, and having a developing OT next to them worked.

GB went from having 2 top 5ish OG to now having 2 top 5ish OT.  Cyclical nature of things as players develop, drop off, move on.

Bulaga by a lot of accounts is a top five right tackle, not sure what you are guys are talking about but just wanted to brag about Bulaga.

53 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Haha. I'm not terribly scared to run it there but it's hardly a strong point. But I'm kind of worried about our run blocking overall anyways. 

Packers draft for pass pro, so that has some impact. However, the Packers OL should have it a tad bit easier run blocking than other OLs in that the defense is really worried about AR first and foremost. Not a lot of stacked boxes, so the Packers run game should be a decent compliment. I've seen comments about MM and whether or not he will commit to the run game, but The Real Decider is Rodgers and his pre-snap reads.

20 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

Do you think they cut Cobb at all? Is money tight for us next year, I keep seeing 24 mil or so, somebody on here said a bit more than that.

Wouldn't surprise me. Cut or restructure. But, then a gain his cap hit % is decreasing a ton every year now too...Not sure what type of year he will have, honestly. Lotta hands for the ball to go around to this year and from what i've seen/heard/read about Cobb's TC, I'm not expecting a great year out of him.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Cut or restructure. But, then a gain his cap hit % is decreasing a ton every year now too...Not sure what type of year he will have, honestly. Lotta hands for the ball to go around to this year and from what i've seen/heard/read about Cobb's TC, I'm not expecting a great year out of him.

Could be a great year out of him and then he is just a cap casualty, unless I am mistaken on how much money we have. Forget to mention Burnett as a top free agent right? Probably let go cause of Josh Jones signing, but he is a top guy too.

Just now, Cadmus said:

*Reads entire thread*

--> Still sees the same person creating an imaginary dispute to make himself feel important.  

You responded to me saying that in the first post of this thread.  You think I was referring to talk about this thread in the first post of this thread?  That makes no sense, and regardless of whether or not I'm looking like an idiot arguing against high interior offensive linemen here, how do you think you look by saying nobody in this thread is saying that when I said they were saying that in the first post of this thread?  How does that make any sense?  Hint: It doesn't, and I was referring to a different thread.  Obviously

Love the extension.  Add that to his current deal and it's a nice contract for GB...and for Taylor.

Not bad for a kid who was nothing more than 'hot garbage" a few years ago.  Kid worked hard and became a good NFL guard.  Now he's being paid like it.

BTW..."hot garbage" wasn't a knock on any poster, just a statement of fact made by a very good poster.  Taylor has come a long way.

I want to see Adams as the next one to get his deal.

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Stop trying to make yourself feel important. 

Lol you did kinda come out of nowhere with the we won't draft one first round. Even I was lost with that.

I get your logic and everything now.

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Love the extension.  Add that to his current deal and it's a nice contract for GB...and for Taylor.

Not bad for a kid who was nothing more than 'hot garbage" a few years ago.  Kid worked hard and became a good NFL guard.  Now he's being paid like it.

BTW..."hot garbage" wasn't a knock on any poster, just a statement of fact made by a very good poster.  Taylor has come a long way.

I want to see Adams as the next one to get his deal.

Lol I know who said that. I was just as harsh. I thought I was being trolled by Ted. 

It's always cool to see guys who have no shot make it eventually.. Hint hint towards someone else on this roster.

Archived