Packers Extend Lane Taylor

packfanfb

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You responded to me saying that in the first post of this thread.  You think I was referring to talk about this thread in the first post of this thread?  That makes no sense, and regardless of whether or not I'm looking like an idiot arguing against high interior offensive linemen here, how do you think you look by saying nobody in this thread is saying that when I said they were saying that in the first post of this thread?  How does that make any sense?  Hint: It doesn't, and I was referring to a different thread.  Obviously

Continuing to make yourself look less than stellar. 

I'm guessing you don't recall how many OL threads I started in the months leading up to the draft. 

OL on the first 2 days of the NFL Draft didn't have the massive following that your imagination believes it did... especially after NFL Combine. 

Once people realized there were very few Packers-type OL in the draft class any talk of Day 1 or Day 2 pretty much died. 

26 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I'm guessing you don't recall how many OL threads I started in the months leading up to the draft. 

OL on the first 2 days of the NFL Draft didn't have the massive following that your imagination believes it did... especially after NFL Combine. 

Once people realized there were very few Packers-type OL in the draft class any talk of Day 1 or Day 2 pretty much died. 

Wasn't the OL talk before the draft mostly just, "If the board completely falls apart we could take Forrest Lamp?"

Just now, Cadmus said:

You're continuing to make yourself look like a weirdo who's suggesting things I'm not saying.  When did I mention last year?  Where did you even come up with that? 

There were literally three people at least that were arguing that we probably should and probably would take an interior offensive lineman in the first three rounds in the 2018 NFL Draft Discussion.  Are you trying to tell me that there aren't people arguing whether or not we're going to take an interior offensive lineman in the draft discussion thread?  Wherever you're getting this notion that I'm suggesting dozens of people are talking about it I'd like to know. 

But whatever.  You must've had a bad day, and I'm an easy target, so you go ahead and get them likes.  You deserve them, and I'm sure you'll get them from TheOnlyThing and a few others who hate me on here anytime you call me out. 

I remember the love for Forrest Lamp on the old site.  There were more than a couple convinced he would be BPA.  Some said he was Zach Martin all over again.  

Not that it has much to do with Lane Taylor and his extension.

My point is this...what a great kid.  UDFA who was awful.  Terrible.  And he progressed every year in GB.  If only other guys would progress as he did.  I swear he gets more out of his God given ability than most and that is a testament to his character and to the staff in GB.  If you show you are willing to work, they will work hard with you.

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ChaRisMa can you elaborate on the numbers and what is disappointing?  

I think I can help...

Charisma is a little down that the packers didnt lock him up to a 3 year 3 mill (1mill per year) deal

in short, there is nothing wrong with the deal that Lane got assuming hes the player we saw in 2016 for the next 3 years

5 hours ago, driftwood said:

I think I can help...

Charisma is a little down that the packers didnt lock him up to a 3 year 3 mill (1mill per year) deal

in short, there is nothing wrong with the deal that Lane got assuming hes the player we saw in 2016 for the next 3 years

Pretty much, yeah. We got value for him. It's not a bad deal. It's not a good deal.

I was really hopeful to get under 4 Mil a year for Taylor to help keep Linsley in that ballpark too.

Wouldve been sweet to get both Linsley AND Taylor for less than one of either Lang or Sitton.

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

@ChaRisMa can you elaborate on the numbers and what is disappointing?  

Pretty much got fair market value, which given the Packers history of being able to get players to take discounts.  The Bucs just gave J.R. Sweezy a 4 year, $21.75M ($2.5M SB, $6.25M guaranteed) as a comparable deal.  Lane Taylor got a bigger signing bonus.  Decent deal, but it's not a great deal by any means.

15 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Pretty much, yeah. We got value for him. It's not a bad deal. It's not a good deal.

I was really hopeful to get under 4 Mil a year for Taylor to help keep Linsley in that ballpark too.

Wouldve been sweet to get both Linsley AND Taylor for less than one of either Lang or Sitton.

I'd like to be wrong on this, but regardless of the Taylor deal, I never had any expectation that Linsley could be signed to a 4M/YR deal when Tretter just signed a contract for 5.5M/YR.  I expect the Tretter deal is the absolute floor for any deal Linsley agrees to.

Archived