Packers Extend Lane Taylor

packfanfb

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much got fair market value, which given the Packers history of being able to get players to take discounts.  The Bucs just gave J.R. Sweezy a 4 year, $21.75M ($2.5M SB, $6.25M guaranteed) as a comparable deal.  Lane Taylor got a bigger signing bonus.  Decent deal, but it's not a great deal by any means.

Cause we brainwash 'em!! xD

On September 10, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Mazrimiv said:

I'd like to be wrong on this, but regardless of the Taylor deal, I never had any expectation that Linsley could be signed to a 4M/YR deal when Tretter just signed a contract for 5.5M/YR.  I expect the Tretter deal is the absolute floor for any deal Linsley agrees to.

I don't expect Linsley to be less than 6 Mil per year. Just keep it under 8 and I'll be content. But if we would've somehow gotten both Taylor and Linsley for less than 10 Mil we'd have been doing great. You have to continually get better than league average value on contracts to be able to get a Super Bowl caliber team on the field. Getting fair value means you need cheaper guys to outperform their contract. Thankfully Ted and Rus Ball doing an amazing job avoiding overpaying players, which keeps us in the hunt.

Archived