Demarcus Cousins tears ACL

RaidersAreOne

This sucks so bad. Dude has been nothing but an upstanding individual since leaving Sacramento, and his career has been derailed by major injuries at every stop he's had since then. I feel for him, dude is probably suffering both physically and mentally in a way most of us couldn't ever imagine. It's one thing to have a year long recovery once, but again immediately after? That's just heartbreaking. Wish dude all the best and hope somehow, magically, he can return to a somewhat decent level of play so that he can at least earn a decent payday before his career is through.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

How can you not feel bad for him? These injuries have basically cost him a lifetime of financial security for him and his family while also likely being a crippling blow to him after he's retired. His legs are going to be a mess in 10 years.

Sucks, hope he recovers and can get back so he can at least buffer himself a bit for his post playing career which, unless there is significant health care changes is going to be incredibly expensive for him.

you joking bro? Cousins made a hair under 90 mil thus far, what do you think it takes for a lifetime of financial security. I feel bad that he cant stay healthy nor play  the game he enjoys but if he was even remotely smart with his money he, his kids, and his grandkids are set for life. Furthermore, what would be the expensive healthy care post playing career? ACL repair is pretty routine and unless it gets botched it shouldnt have any bearing on how he loves 15 years from now. Man, the sky is always falling with you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Noooooo! Love Boogie man, was hoping he would get right this year and kill it and get a solid contract next year. Damn, he had over a 100M deal lined up for him and then he tears his Achilles and then tears his quad and now his ACL.

SMFH.........

His situation makes me hate when coaches and Adam Silver criticize players for asking/demanding trades. Cousins didn't want to be traded and was told he wouldn't be traded, he was in line for the supermax, and Sacramento trades him against his wishes. Not a peep from Adam, though.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Faried is probably the best option for LA. He's not big, but he'll give very valuable minutes for the regular season. Not many other players available you can rely on for that.

I can’t believe he’s still available. I mean he’s got major deficiencies but he has a couple v high level NBA skills

12 hours ago, champ11 said:

I can’t believe he’s still available. I mean he’s got major deficiencies but he has a couple v high level NBA skills

I’m kinda shocked the rockets didn’t resign him at least to a vet minimum. He added a 3 point shot to his game last year and showed flashes at PF but he was solid starting at C for us. We gave Anthony Bennett a look and not Faried. I guess it’s possible they saw something they didn’t like. 

Same With Shumpert. Can’t believe he’s still a free agent.