Demarcus Cousins tears ACL

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m kinda shocked the rockets didn’t resign him at least to a vet minimum. He added a 3 point shot to his game last year and showed flashes at PF but he was solid starting at C for us. We gave Anthony Bennett a look and not Faried. I guess it’s possible they saw something they didn’t like. 

Same With Shumpert. Can’t believe he’s still a free agent. 

Definitely odd that some guys are still available. If I was a team like the Cavs I’d bring in Faried and Shump on reasonable 1 year deals. Let them play well in good minutes and trade them at the deadline for some picks.

Bleacher Report: Ranking Big Men LA Lakers Must Consider ASAP After DeMarcus Cousins Injury

5. Timofey Mozgov, 33, Khimki Moscow
4. Joakim Noah, 34, Free Agent
3. Nerlens Noel, 25, Oklahoma City Thunder
2. Dwight Howard, 33, Memphis Grizzlies
1. Kenneth Faried, 29, Free Agent

Faried may be the best free agent left on the market, regardless of position. After joining the Rockets last season, he played the role of rim-running center beautifully when filling in for an injured Clint Capela. In 13 starts with Houston, Faried averaged 16.2 points, 10.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks, and he shot 58.8 percent from the field. He's not afraid to dive for loose balls and would be a perfect lob partner for James and Rajon Rondo.

While he doesn't have the playoff experience of Mozgov or Noah or the defensive ability of Noel, Faried is probably the closest to his prime of all the candidates. He's also shown a willingness to expand his game,  converting 8-of-22 catch and shoot threes (36.4 percent) last season after making just two total threes in his first seven seasons combined.

That kind of offensive versatility would keep the floor open for James and Davis, and Faried proved in Houston he could work well playing off a ball-dominant offensive superstar in James Harden. Every team needs hustle guys, and Faried brings that. With Cousins down for the foreseeable future, and possibly all of the 2019-20 season, Faried is the best player available for the Lakers to replace him with.

Edited by Leader