NFL Preseason GDT Week 2

SteelKing728

2 hours ago, Twizlers said:

Jimmy G's first 4 passes since early last season:  INT, dropped INT, batted pass, batted pass. 

Giants will trade the 49ers Kyle Lauletta for a second round pick. Don’t need an answer now. Sleep on it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There is no such thing as a "poor mans Anquan Boldin". Boldin wasn't a traditional athlete for the position. But he was physical, hand terrific hands and heart. If you are going to be limited athletically, you have to be physical. That's what made him so great. 

It's become a cliché now to compare every athletically limited WR to Boldin. But it's so far off base. Boldin had something very rare. 

Treadwell's main comparison though going into the draft was Boldin though. His weaknesses were well known at the time.

I think its a fair comparison.

6 hours ago, Twizlers said:

Jimmy G's first 4 passes since early last season:  INT, dropped INT, batted pass, batted pass. 

Rough night for him for sure. I won't sugar coat it, he looked really really bad. Wasn't moving well, wasn't seeing the field well, was hesitant and unsure of himself. The ball had no zip on it. His footwork was really bad and it threw off all of his mechanics. The game looked too fast for him. Got off to a bad start and it snowballed  it was honestly pathetic. 

With all that being said, it was the preseason and the first time he was going against guys who could hit him. This is why we play the preseason, so guys can work themselves back to where they need to be. Physically he is fine. 

I'm definitely more concerned than I was, but I am going to give it another week and see how he responds. If he looks timid next week in Kansas City (where he tore his ACL last year) then I will start to worry. 

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Bradley Chubb looks like a monster. That defense with Fangio at the helm should be great. Could be the best in the league.

Not enough depth in the middle of the Defensive Line or at CB to be the best in the league.

Could potentially be the best 3rd and 5+ Defense in the league, though.