Westerman considering retirement

theJ

18 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

For some reason I can't quote you @fluhartz but I think someone else brought that up before as well.  Clint Boling (granted it's injury related), Kent Perkins, almost Westerman have retired.

Would not be surprised if there's more to this story in the future...

I sure hope it's all coincidence, but I am a little worried.

19 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

For some reason I can't quote you @fluhartz but I think someone else brought that up before as well.  Clint Boling (granted it's injury related), Kent Perkins, almost Westerman have retired.

Would not be surprised if there's more to this story in the future...

I would.  Boling had blood clots, Perkins was a bottom feeder anyway, and Westerman is being labeled a backup at best by his third o-line coach and second head coach in his brief (and stagnated) career.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think people are reaching.  Turner is a gruff dude,  but I can't imagine he's not on his best behavior. 

Honestly, I would be shocked if he was.  I listened to his interviews after he was fired from the Dolphins.  Now I don't think he should have been fired, but at the same time he seem to come off completely oblivious to needing to do something different, or understanding what was going on...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Honestly, I would be shocked if he was.  I listened to his interviews after he was fired from the Dolphins.  Now I don't think he should have been fired, but at the same time he seem to come off completely oblivious to needing to do something different, or understanding what was going on...

I'm not trying to  defend him,  nor victim blame,  but a lot of that situation came from Martin being a unique individual and Turner and Richie just not getting him. I don't think they have those issues in a typical locker room. I don't get the way he's wired, but there is just some old school thinking that doesn't serve him well with people he doesn't get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Listen to interviews well after the incident, where he doesn't come off so defensive.  he learned from it (hopefully), or just learned some PC answers to the same questions later on.