• 25-30
    • 30-35
    • 35-40
    • 40-45
    • 45-50
    • 50-55
    • 55+ (he breaks the record)

13 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Yeah, but the question on this thread was how many TD pass Mahomes is going to have this year...Unless he means total TD?

The thread title and OP both say number of TD, not passing TD. So I assume that's what we've been talking about unless specifically mentioned.

Honestly, I think this depends on the defense more than anything else. The reason statistical seasons like he had last year are so uncommon is they require elite level play PLUS ideal circumstances. If it was just a matter of individual performance, Brady would have far more than 1 40+ TD season, and Peyton would have far more than 2. But it requires elite individual play, plus weapons and a gameplan conducive to a large number of passing touchdowns, and a team makeup that requires a lot of scoring. If you have a great defense there's little need to score that much. If you have a great OL and RB they'll soak up red zone TDs. Etc. I think for Mahomes, the weapons are still there from last year, the coaching staff is still there from last year, the individual talent is still there, it's just a question of if he'll still need to score that many points. There were a lot of TDs he threw that become straight unnecessary if we were holding some of those opponents to even like 27 or 30 points instead of 40+. So if the D improves to like middle of the pack or even like in the 20th - 24th range, he'll drop into the 30s. If they suck like last year I think he still throws 40+.

• Like 4

On 17/08/2019 at 3:52 PM, Jakuvious said:

Honestly, I think this depends on the defense more than anything else. The reason statistical seasons like he had last year are so uncommon is they require elite level play PLUS ideal circumstances. If it was just a matter of individual performance, Brady would have far more than 1 40+ TD season, and Peyton would have far more than 2. But it requires elite individual play, plus weapons and a gameplan conducive to a large number of passing touchdowns, and a team makeup that requires a lot of scoring. If you have a great defense there's little need to score that much. If you have a great OL and RB they'll soak up red zone TDs. Etc. I think for Mahomes, the weapons are still there from last year, the coaching staff is still there from last year, the individual talent is still there, it's just a question of if he'll still need to score that many points. There were a lot of TDs he threw that become straight unnecessary if we were holding some of those opponents to even like 27 or 30 points instead of 40+. So if the D improves to like middle of the pack or even like in the 20th - 24th range, he'll drop into the 30s. If they suck like last year I think he still throws 40+.

The Chiefs defense was ranked #24 last year. How many times do I need to tell my follow Chiefs fans?

The best stat to rank offensive or defensive units is points per the game.

22 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

The Chiefs defense was ranked #24 last year. How many times do I need to tell my follow Chiefs fans?

The Chiefs Defense had been 28th in point per drive, 30th for the time on the field per drive and bottom 5 in many other categories ... I mean, the chiefs lost 2 games last year when they scored 40 points or more in a game, including a game with 51 points!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

Total defense is always ranked by yards allowed. And KC was a pitiful 31st in total defense.

The other team possessed the ball longer, robbing Mahomes of valuable time in the field making us easier to beat. Also, the Chiefs had a historically bad defense: no NFL defense has ever allowed as many first downs as the 2018 Chiefs.

It was by far the worst defense to ever play in a Conference Championship, and it is to Mahomes credit that he was able to get KC that far. If we had a normal QB, we miss the playoffs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nightime said:

Total defense is always ranked by yards allowed. And KC was a pitiful 31st in total defense.

The other team possessed the ball longer, robbing Mahomes of valuable time in the field making us easier to beat. Also, the Chiefs had a historically bad defense: no NFL defense has ever allowed as many first downs as the 2018 Chiefs.

It was by far the worst defense to ever play in a Conference Championship, and it is to Mahomes credit that he was able to get KC that far. If we had a normal QB, we miss the playoffs.

It was a bad defense but I don't think it was as bad as some people say.

It finished 1st in total sacks with three good to very good pashrushers. 

They had a few games where the defense looked good albeit against poor offenses. And then in the playoffs people thought the Colts Oline would maul that Chiefs Dline and the Colts would have no problem scoring at will but it ended up they barely could do anything offensively.

At the end of the day, the defense finished #24 in points per game allowed. 

I mean it was a bad defense but it's not like one could say the defense was just as bad as the offense was good, far from it IMO.