Tavon Young likely out for season with neck injury

DreamKid

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Well that's quite a quick back to the reality of NFL fandom after all the building excitement. 

This is why the team never stopped taking corners.

Yup. We've been lucky with injuries and were bound to come back down to earth at some point. I wish Tavon the best on a personal level, that comes first. Hopefully this isn't a serious health issue like Orr had. I'd rather him lose the season, then have him risk his career. And I'd rather him hang up the cleats, than risk some serious tragedy.

I'm sure more information will come out in the coming weeks. As you said, this is why you double double down on the CB position. 

44 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Didn't even pay attention to any of the conversation above my original post, lulz. This sucks a lot though! Hopefully, we'll be OK with the depth we have at corner.

If any team could take such a hit to their secondary, it is the Ravens, but losing our 2. best cornerback still will hurt. Young is the complete package and was a key member on the defense that kept us in the playoff run last year with 2 scores.

A Cyrus Jones was a guy I was very high on as a CB back in the draft, because he was so great at finding the football on deep throws in college. So far it doesn't seem like his coverage skills have translated well to the NFL, but with a mix of Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Averett and our young nucleus of safeties we have a good group and depth at the position who offers a versatile skillset. Only the man coverage Young offered is a place where we can't match his ability.