Preseason Game 2 - KC @ PIT

KC_Guy

That said: Will be an interesting game. PIT always was a difficult opponent for the Chiefs.

Reid is on record that the starters would play the first half, the two's one quarter and then the rest. Unusual approach for week 2, but I expect a lot of mixing and mingling during the first half. They have to figure out how some of the #1.5s fit into the starting lineup, especially concerning WR, CB, S and DL. And the best time to find out is in a real game.

I think we'll know a bit more about the final 53 come Sunday.

Fingers crossed no serious injuries happen.

Concernig the final 53 I'm getting a feeling that we may see a few surprise departures (that we would not have expected a month ago or so):

Xavier Williams may be on the outs, as may be DO'D. Tremon Smith will have to find a niche for himself, just being a return guy will probably not suffice with the plethora of speed on the roster. Custis with his huge signing bonus (for an UDFA) comes to mind.

As for Lovett: wouldn't be surprised to see him go to IR after preseason. Could be an option for Custis as well - if a mysterious injury pops up this week or next.

Yikes. I didn't realize all the injuries either, per AP...

• Safety Tyrann Mathieu left the game in the first quarter with a shoulder injury, but his injury is not considered serious, per Nate Taylor of The Athletic.
  • Tight end Deon Yelder left the game in the second quarter with an ankle injury.
  • Wide receiver Marcus Kemp was carted off the field with a knee injury, as reported by old friend BJ Kissel on KCTV5. More information here.
  • Defensive lineman Breeland Speaks hurt his knee in the third quarter, and quarterback Chase Litton left the game late in the fourth.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yikes. I didn't realize all the injuries either, per AP...

• Safety Tyrann Mathieu left the game in the first quarter with a shoulder injury, but his injury is not considered serious, per Nate Taylor of The Athletic.
  • Tight end Deon Yelder left the game in the second quarter with an ankle injury.
  • Wide receiver Marcus Kemp was carted off the field with a knee injury, as reported by old friend BJ Kissel on KCTV5. More information here.
  • Defensive lineman Breeland Speaks hurt his knee in the third quarter, and quarterback Chase Litton left the game late in the fourth.

ouch indeed.

13 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Halftime. On the Steelers TD drive, Daniel Sorensen had the ball carrier, then just let him go. I can't stand this BS from DS. Please let's not suffer another season with his miserable, pathetic tackling.

Hopefully Thornhill has passed him, and he was only in as much as he was this past game because Mathieu had a minor injury.

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Darwin keeps playing so well he's gonna force coach's hands to play him. Dude is built like a brick crapper n has some serious burst/vision. If he were 2 inches taller it wouldn't even be a question imo

what the hell is a brick crapper? lol