Chargers S Derwin James to miss significant time

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

At some point, one has to question if the ChargIRs are just the statistical outlier, and wonder if there is an actual causal reason that they lose multiple stars door significant time each and every year. A team can only be so unlucky, right?

The 49ers: Hold my beer

Some thoughts about what could have happened by Daniel Popper. I guess I should be glad that the Chargers have some hybrid safeties/linebackers on this team.

https://theathletic.com/1143453/2019/08/16/potential-timelines-for-derwin-james-return-and-how-the-chargers-might-replace-him/

Lynn said the injury “came to a head” sometime during Thursday’s practice. “It just happened kind of slowly,” he added. James likely was dealing with some sort of stress reaction in the foot over recent days or weeks, and a wrong step triggered the fracture.

“It’s usually cumulative,” Jung said. “You can have a stress reaction where the bones are weaker…and then you push off and then the bone breaks.”

Added Lynn: “It doesn’t matter how much effort you put into saving guys and keeping guys fresh and healthy. It’s football, and things are going to happen. We’re a team, and we’ll overcome it as a team.”

Edited by Xenos