Chargers S Derwin James to miss significant time

RaidersAreOne

He was one of the safeties bringing sexy back to the position. Sorry to hear it. Despite them being division rivals, I always had a soft spot for the Chargers. Not out of pity or anything. Just no matter how good or bad the Broncos or Chargers were, they always disregard it every time we play. They took a game off of us in 2013, blanked us for the first time in like 25 years, week 17 of the 2015 Super Bowl year, the huge comeback we had in 2012. Etc etc etc.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 3

This sucks. Hopefully though Nasir can ball out. Even if he can, he isnt the utility safety Derwin is. But if Trevor Williams plays to 2017 form at CB again and Michael Davis continues his good play, then they can use Desmond King and Adrian Philips to fill in for Derwin. Just dont rush him back. 

If we can get Allen, Okung and Gordon on the lineup week 1, ill be fine. Aslong as Tillery and Nasir are playing to.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Massive,  massive loss. Not completely irreplaceable,  but pretty damn close. Dude is Filthy!

He’s pretty irreplaceable. This defense looked awful prior to DJ. He was that spark that made everyone better. The defense has a new attitude since that time. New talent. I think we will be ok for a bit defensively but this is a massive loss. The dude is just so talented and pushes everyone around him to be better. 

1 minute ago, Boltstrikes said:
8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Massive,  massive loss. Not completely irreplaceable,  but pretty damn close. Dude is Filthy!

He’s pretty irreplaceable. This defense looked awful prior to DJ. He was that spark that made everyone better. The defense has a new attitude since that time. New talent. I think we will be ok for a bit defensively but this is a massive loss. The dude is just so talented and pushes everyone around him to be better. 

Yeah I was trying to be optimistic but didn't want to be that person as an outsider who basically posted what you just said . 

Gonna hurt, No doubt.

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah I was trying to be optimistic but didn't want to be that person as an outsider who basically posted what you just said . 

Gonna hurt, No doubt.

Other people have to step up. The bright side is we will get him back this season. If the defense can raise their level without him, they will be that much better when we get him back.