LB Avery Williamson out with torn ACL

jetskid007

At least Gase is owning up to it. It was a bad idea. I respect the fact that Gase knows it. 

Replacing him won't be easy. GW wants to blitz heavy and it leaves some LB's in a drop back situation where they really have to use their IQ. He wasn't shutting down anyone in coverage, but he did play smart. Also, having Mosley on his side would have made things easier for him. Wint and Hewitt look pretty solid, so I'm interested in seeing how they do next week. Wint seems to always make a big play. Pick 6 tonight, fumble recover vs the falcons. I want to see more of him. 

I don't get the flack for having guys out there too long. Freak stuff happens all the time. This could've happened in practice or the first snap of preseason. It'd be crazy if it was something like your franchise QB taking a big sack, but he was taken out by friendly fire in the 2nd quarter. I won't get up in arms about that.

Between Hewitt, Cashman, and Burgess I think we'll be fine.

People keep talking up Harvey Langi too as one that could jump to the top of the depth chart when he gets healthy which I think is going to be as early as this week.

I think Williamson was getting cut next year healthy or not so I don't see it as a major loss when his strength was run stopping. 

Hindsight is 20/20, I won’t fault Gase for keeping him in. I actually think this is a bigger loss than many of you seem to believe. Williamson is a very solid yet unspectacular player, but his reliability and steady presences is under appreciated.

Not quiet ready to jump on the cashman hype train. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Between Hewitt, Cashman, and Burgess I think we'll be fine.

People keep talking up Harvey Langi too as one that could jump to the top of the depth chart when he gets healthy which I think is going to be as early as this week.

I think Williamson was getting cut next year healthy or not so I don't see it as a major loss when his strength was run stopping. 

Yeah it was always a question how he fit in now that we had CJ Mosley, since they played the same position basically. . 

8 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Hindsight is 20/20, I won’t fault Gase for keeping him in. I actually think this is a bigger loss than many of you seem to believe. Williamson is a very solid yet unspectacular player, but his reliability and steady presences is under appreciated.

Not quiet ready to jump on the cashman hype train. 

Very well said NJ33, I agree with you 100%.

• Like 1

Cashman isn't even gonna start, Hewitt is and I think he will be solid. Out of all the positions, this was one where we can live with a injury. CJ Mosley will be inside still and should play at a high level. We will be okay, the bigger issue is we need Trumaine Johnson to be healthy and to play at a good level. Williamson isn't good at coverage, hes a good tackler and blitzer, plus a real good locker room guy. But we can survive this. 

19 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Cashman isn't even gonna start, Hewitt is and I think he will be solid. Out of all the positions, this was one where we can live with a injury. CJ Mosley will be inside still and should play at a high level. We will be okay, the bigger issue is we need Trumaine Johnson to be healthy and to play at a good level. Williamson isn't good at coverage, hes a good tackler and blitzer, plus a real good locker room guy. But we can survive this. 

Personally, I am no longer care about who starts as long as a certain player play enough to take responsibility in a game.  Hewitt will get a starting nod but we won't rule Cashman out for a bulk of playing time.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Personally, I am no longer care about who starts as long as a certain player play enough to take responsibility in a game.  Hewitt will get a starting nod but we won't rule Cashman out for a bulk of playing time.

Don't forget the name Langi, remember that name.  He was balling before he got hurt.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him take plenty of snaps away from those two guys as well.

We have plenty of ILB depth.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Don't forget the name Langi, remember that name.  He was balling before he got hurt.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him take plenty of snaps away from those two guys as well.

We have plenty of ILB depth.

We may rethink about those kids after they signed Stephone Anthony. lol.