Patriots WR Josh Gordon reinstated

Apparition

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

On one hand, glad he's back.

On the other hand, sure wish the league would have announced they were going to change the rules back when other teams were evaluating the risk/reward of signing the dude to a deal. :/

Josh Gordon. The DK Metcalf before there was a DK Metcalf.

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Meanwhile Randy Gregrory and Nate Irving are still Suspended. Whatever happen to that Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon and being reinstated??

It is my understanding Gordon stood at a rehab facility for 8 months in florida under the NFL auspices and Kraft's pocketbook.  He just didn't stay clean and go to meetings for the 8 months.  

Of course as a patriot fan I wanted to see him on the field, but from someone as myself that struggled with alcohol in my younger days, I wish him nothing but the best.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

On one hand, glad he's back.

On the other hand, sure wish the league would have announced they were going to change the rules back when other teams were evaluating the risk/reward of signing the dude to a deal. :/

They did.  Last summer Goodell said that there were going to revisit the drug policy in the next CBA, by just him saying that and not using it as a bargaining chip you could tell that the league policy towards pot was morphing.   

Just now, patman said:

They did.  Last summer Goodell said that there were going to revisit the drug policy in the next CBA, by just him saying that and not using it as a bargaining chip you could tell that the league policy towards pot was morphing.   

That's not the same thing at all. 

There's a very specific set of conditions and consequence for failed drug tests in the CBA.

NFL teams offered contracts and trade capital under the assumption that the documented polices would be followed. If the league was going to remove all the risk from signing the guy, the competitive market for him would have been different. 

there's no logic to this. I'm down for letting players smoke weed but you can't pretend to be hard on it by giving him an indefinite ban and then other guys 4 game suspensions and then just let him back in. Did he really rehab for 8 months for WEED? I know the story is out there that he's done harder drugs in the past, so if he was rehabbing for anything more than just weed, maybe bringing him back to the nfl AGAIN isn't such a great idea, even if they make brady baby sit him day and night. 

If you'e going to let gordon back in, then they need to drop this weed restriction BS like yesterday.

53 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Good for Josh. Good for the Patriots and their fans. Still, can't help but feel if he was still a Brown he wouldn't get a significantly reduced suspension after another policy violation.

Where as I 100% agree the league’s discipline is extremely arbitrary, I don’t agree the Patriots ever get the lenient side of things. I mean look at the Brady suspension... that thing was an aberration and felt more like Goodell just flexing he can do whatever he wants. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He didnt draft Gordon.

I'm not sure I get this under progressive discipline, previously suspended for an entire season twice, now hes suspended 2 games?  Huh?

He needed help, not punishment. Suspending him if he is clean does not seem like helping him. His infractions are not violent and are not PEDs. 

3 hours ago, tab said:

there's no logic to this. I'm down for letting players smoke weed but you can't pretend to be hard on it by giving him an indefinite ban and then other guys 4 game suspensions and then just let him back in. Did he really rehab for 8 months for WEED? I know the story is out there that he's done harder drugs in the past, so if he was rehabbing for anything more than just weed, maybe bringing him back to the nfl AGAIN isn't such a great idea, even if they make brady baby sit him day and night. 

If you'e going to let gordon back in, then they need to drop this weed restriction BS like yesterday.

There finally is LOGIC

They've separated guys like David Irving who just shun their nose at the league and smoke weed because they want to and feel like it from the guys like Josh Gordon and Randy Gregory who have serious mental health issues and relapse when they've been triggered, Relapse is a major part of Recovery and the league has finally given guys avenues to recovery without being handed cookie cutter suspensions pretending all drug use is the same. From what I understand Gordon has a form of PTSD from his childhood and Gregory is medically Bi-Polar