Patriots WR Josh Gordon reinstated

Apparition

57 minutes ago, patman said:

Smoking pot before a game? you understand that your are in facility 4 hours prior to kickoff.   

but they are changing the rules, because they understand that the present rules are stupid. In light of that I see them being more lenient going forward until the rule is changed.  

I get what you're saying but stupid people dont magically stop being stupid.

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

Actually I think the league has shown in recent rulings that it is being more lenient across the board re:discipline. I dont really think it is a Patriots thing, but I realize that is how some ppl will view it.

Yeah but for Dude on his 6th strike...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

I have to agree with you. LIS, I was surprised by how short the suspension was

Like I agree the league needs to change the rules and make the lighter but put that on potentially the 1x and 2x offenders. Someone with Gordon’s track record...oof. Man if I was Justin Blackmon, I would be pissed off

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Like I agree the league needs to change the rules and make the lighter but put that on potentially the 1x and 2x offenders. Someone with Gordon’s track record...oof. Man if I was Justin Blackmon, I would be pissed off

I think if Blackmon actually gave a damn about getting back on an NFL field he would've been able to by now.

Gordon's ability to keep getting reinstated means he at least cares enough to try to get back on the field.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think if Blackmon actually gave a damn about getting back on an NFL field he would've been able to by now.

Gordon's ability to keep getting reinstated means he at least cares enough to try to get back on the field.

He doesn’t care about getting back on the field. He cares about getting that game check. If he truly cared he would have gotten his self together after 3rd suspension but were on 5th/6th

Just now, buno67 said:

He doesn’t care about getting back on the field. He cares about getting that game check. If he truly cared he would have gotten his self together after 3rd suspension but were on 5th/6th

The reasons for wanting to get back on the field aren't really relevant to me. There's a lot of players in the NFL who play just for the $$$. More than you'd probably think, I'd reckon. Whatever his end goal, he's clearly made an effort to work with the NFL towards getting back on the field each time he was suspended, which sets him apart from Blackmon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The reasons for wanting to get back on the field aren't really relevant to me. There's a lot of players in the NFL who play just for the $$$. More than you'd probably think, I'd reckon. Whatever his end goal, he's clearly made an effort to work with the NFL towards getting back on the field each time he was suspended, which sets him apart from Blackmon.

Agreed. Who here ever heard about another player going to a in-patient facility for 8 months?   And during that time letting the NFL have full access to his "progress reports".  As I said in a previous post, I am sure this facility was one  of those private rooms, wi-fi, gourmet food and sparkling gym and pool. but it was still 8 months of being observed and scrutinized and treated.