Bills Pre-season Wk 2: @Carolina

Trentwannabe

Just now, Billsfaninptown said:

Agree. He has a long ways to go. I always get nervous about only rostering two QB's on the 53. It didn't go very well to start the season last year.

Gotta just try and poach a passable 3rd option from someones final cuts if that's the play. Cause if Jackson is gonna be anything in this league it can't be wasting away as the 3rd string QB and god forbid we need him to play.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

This was originally stated but I believe proven to be false. He can make the 53. You are right about him not counting on the PS though.

So can other teams sign him to their 53 if he can't be activated to our roster?

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

There's no way Sills even makes the PS at this point if he can't crack the field here. Vic Bolden is getting reps over him.

He was out on the field a lot actually. He just only received one target from Jackson on fade to endzone that wasn't even close to him. But he was out there right after our starters went off the field on the 3rd drive.... Bolden didn't come into until much later.

But I agree with not being able to to crack PS. At this point I think Ray Ray Mcloud will get the practice squad nod. I thought McCloud was gonna get a roster spot by how McDermott talks about him in practice. But Isiah McKenzie has totally out played him in games.

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Jackson needs to be PS'd and we need to bring in a vet 3rd guy if we want one cause god damn is he not ready.

I would roll with 2 QBs. There will only be two activated QBs. And god forbid Allen goes down. Sign another backup QB and bring Jackson up to the active roster for a couple weeks so the new QB can learn the playbook.

11 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

From what the rules state, shows he cant make the 53 man roster on the 1st year and is on the practice squad which holds an additional roster spot giving the bills 11 spots (that includes 1 international). If rules are true then he will be with the bills psquad and cannot be taken for another team unless bills cut him which makes zero sense to do.

Everyone is hyped on Wade and he sure had another big play but he is facing 3/4th string guys, is he involved on special teams and is he making an impact there? If so and the rules are incorrect and can make a 53 man roster then this is where they need him to perform better as the bills will keep 4 and right now Perry is making that 4th spot. I know he fumbled and didnt have an ideal game on offense but he is making waves on special teams which is what they need him to do as the top 3 rbs are shady gore and singletary.

14 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I doubt it. 

Unless the Bills plan on keeping 5 RB's I don't actually see Wade making the 53. Stash him on the PS and let him try again next year where he'll have a full year of understanding the rules and the offense. If he makes the 53 right away we can't put him on the PS according to Sal Cappacio. Plus he is literally a bonus on the PS so why not.

• Like 1

its safe to say Tyree and Sills both fan favorite UDFA are more of a miss then a hit this year. I do not see either making the 53 man roster nor the psquad. I am rooting for Johnson and Sweeney and definitely could see both making the 53 man roster with ease.

Lee Smith contract pretty much locks him in but I am unimpressed with him so far and Hauschka as well.