Individual Game Threads in NFL General

DigInBoys

Would it be possible to have individual game threads in the general forum?

It feels like a lot of discussion gets lost, or maybe not even proposed because everyone's discussing, well everything in one thread and sometimes its hard to form a coherent consistent discussion on specific game related topics.

The NFL general forum here also seems underutilized because a lot of topics I see posted in the main forum on other boards are sent to the news forum here.

Thanks for the feedback.  In general, I encourage members to not lump everything in one topic.  However, the NFL general forum is the exception. It is very busy and we don't want topics for every game in there.  We have multiple forums for a reason.  If you want to discuss an individual game you should go to a team forum.  During preseason, it might be a little slow, but during the regular season most team forums are very active with game day discussion.   Each team forum will have a GDT.  Also, we will have topics for primetime games in the general forum during the regular season. 

As for news, having all the news in one forum makes it easy for members to see all the headlines.  The news would get lost in NFL general.  Also, the NFL News forum is more strictly moderated to make sure topics stay focused on the news.   The NFL news forum is a valuable source of information for 1000s of members and we don't want the topics derailed.  

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, Webmaster said:

Thanks for the feedback.  In general, I encourage members to not lump everything in one topic.  However, the NFL general forum is the exception. It is very busy and we don't want topics for every game in there.  We have multiple forums for a reason.  If you want to discuss an individual game you should go to a team forum.  During preseason, it might be a little slow, but during the regular season most team forums are very active with game day discussion.   Each team forum will have a GDT.  Also, we will have topics for primetime games in the general forum during the regular season. 

As for news, having all the news in one forum makes it easy for members to see all the headlines.  The news would get lost in NFL general.  Also, the NFL News forum is more strictly moderated to make sure topics stay focused on the news.   The NFL news forum is a valuable source of information for 1000s of members and we don't want the topics derailed.  

True but it also clutters very fast. Let’s say there’s 5-6 games on that time.. Then 5 pages could be about one game and another 10 about another game. So it gets lost in translation and lets not kid ourselves. Most team forums are just plain dead come game time. See Chargers, Colts, Seahawks and others..

I think it would be cool

because you can go back and read just about that  one game. Who looked good, what changed the game. What player stood out. But in the game day forum you have 200-300 pages of just crazyness. Would be cool to try it out IMO. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

6 hours ago, N4L said:

There are always general GDTs for primetime games. 

Having 16 GDTs on the front page of NFL gen is a bad idea. 4-5 is much more palatable 

I agree with that.  The most I would break it down would be Thursday Night, Sunday Early Games, Sunday Late Games, Sunday Night and Monday Night.  

I wonder though if there is an option for each user to increase the amount of posts they see per thread page.  That might help people follow along better in the general discussion GDT's, as well as some of the busier forum ones as well.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, Webmaster said:

Any thoughts on the idea proposed by N4L above?