Ravens Game Play by Play Comments

AlexGreen#20

9 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Yeah man eveeybody hated Jordy

Jordy was a proven commodity coming out of college everyone knew he would be good. People don't respect Kumerow because he doesn't have a nice YouTube reel and didn't play for a big program. Kumerow will not wow you with speed and athleticism but in Rodgers quote will just go out and make plays in a classy and understated way. Kumerow is a late bloomer that's making the most out of every opportunity. The guy had talent but never got a chance to develop because he was always buried on other teams depth charts. Also I'm being a little facetious with the white receiver thing.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's a 27 year old with 8 career catches. The fact that he's being considered for the team is unusual enough to dispute your point. 

Maybe he's a late bloomer that didn't get opportunities to showcase his talent. I believe if he gets more opportunities in real games he'll change your opinion.

7 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Jordy was a proven commodity coming out of college everyone knew he would be good. People don't respect Kumerow because he doesn't have a nice YouTube reel and didn't play for a big program. Kumerow will not wow you with speed and athleticism but in Rodgers quote will just go out and make plays in a classy and understated way. Kumerow is a late bloomer that's making the most out of every opportunity. The guy had talent but never got a chance to develop because he was always buried on other teams depth charts. Also I'm being a little facetious with the white receiver thing.

Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

At this point, I just want a vet. I don't even care if it's a guy who's barely a top 100 ILB. 

Should we be concerned at this point about the middle of the D against the run? Obviously Clark is a star but the Adams/Lowry and Martinez/Bolton combos got pushed around a bit in limited snaps against Baltimore especiallyon carries between the tackles. That was the most concerning thing for me from that game.

Edited by packfanfb

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Should we be concerned at this point about the middle of the D against the run? Obviously Clark is a star but the Adams/Lowry and Martinez/Bolton combos got pushed around a bit in limited snaps against Baltimore especiallyon carries between the tackles. That was the most concerning thing for me from that game.

Yes man I thought about this yesterday but was too busy at work to post. Our run D may suffer this year because we don't have that stout 340lb space eater in the middle. Clark is great but not a true nose tackle because he lacks size hes only 313lbs not idea weight for a true nose.

TT loved to draft smaller guys with wrestling backgrounds like Scott Wells who was a good center, Daniels and Clark, guys that understood leverage which was ok but didn't have the girth to eat up blockers. We need one big boy in the middle to anchor and shut down running lanes  We have a guys with length but no girth. 

Lowry and Adam's got pushed around in that game. I think we need one big 350lb space eating short yardage guy on this roster.

Edited by St Vince

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I don't know if I'm concerned. That doesn't mean that I'm not, just that I'm still trying to figure this thing out.

Clark, Amos, and Martinez are pieces you can build around. Lowry and Adams should be fine-ish. Taking the entire unit as a whole, I'm not dying about it. 

If you have to have a weak spot on your defense, that's the spot you would pick it, and really the skill set that's there sorta fits the scheme with the ability to play sideline to sideline and blitz a little and cover a little, however you're going to be dealing with a handful of rookie mistakes and you are soft in that spot against the interior runs. That might not be the worst thing in the world if DCs want to run it up the middle rather than throwing it around.

I guess my issue with Bolton is really that I think you can find a significant upgrade for minimal resources. It's not that playing him is going to kill us, I just think there's a better player that could be had for cheap. Minimally there's a complimentary guy that you could platoon with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is pretty much all of it.  Can someone name an NFL player at any position who had minimal production before the age of 27, who turned it around to be a real good player?  The upside just isn't there.

Adam Thielen - 26 years old with 20 career catches

Rod Smith - 27 with 22 career catches

Jimmy Smith - 26 with 0 career catches

James Harrison - 28 with 4 career sacks

Mike Vrabel - 26 with 0 career starts

Rich Gannon - 100 years old before he started an NFL game

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

Adam Thielen - 26 years old with 20 career catches

Rod Smith - 27 with 22 career catches

Jimmy Smith - 26 with 0 career catches

James Harrison - 28 with 4 career sacks