Eagles lure Josh McCown out of retirement; Claim Otto Graham wasn’t available

EaglesPeteC

54 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I, for one, welcome our new QB who'll be leading us from week 14 and on into the playoffs. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

The hell you talkin about? Josh McCown is in fact old, and he won't be playing until week 17 when we're resting our starters.

Edited by Danger

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You can go back to the Browns Forum with talk like that Cheddaar. 😎

True story... me leaving the Browns forum

giphy.gif

I was also seen salting the flower beds and drinking out of the milk cartons. 

I'm sure we'll be resting Wentz week 14 due to us already having won the division... is what I meant to say. 

Go Birds

:D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

True story... me leaving the Browns forum

giphy.gif

I was also seen salting the flower beds and drinking out of the milk cartons. 

I'm sure we'll be resting Wentz week 14 due to us already having won the division... is what I meant to say. 

Go Birds

:D

So now that the Browns are supposed to be a good football team what are you going to do?

46 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

So now that the Browns are supposed to be a good football team what are you going to do?

If the Eagles don't win the SB , hopefully take his Bad JuJu back to Cleveland?  Just saying, 2018 upon Cheddaars arrival didn't exactly go as planned?

You get 1 Mulligan (2018) MC! 1 😎

58 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I am still a Browns fan. I'm just an Eagles fan first now. (Technically I've been an Eagles fan since the original Browns left for Baltimore. So that would mean I have been an Eagle's fan longer...). I'll watch Browns game because they are the only thing on around here. I still want to see them win but after 2 decades of garbage and 2 season of Hue Jackson, I had enough. 

The Browns last winning season was in 2007 when they went 10-6 and before that it was 2002 with 9-7. They have been to the playoffs once.
Their record over the last three season was 8-39-1. 

The Eagles in the last 3 seasons have gone 29-19. Not to mention going 4-1 in the playoffs with a superbowl championship title. 

I've enjoyed watching the Eagles a lot more than the Browns is the point I'm trying to make. 

To ultimately answer your questions, the hype around the Browns will always be there. They are the same lovable losers that went 10-6 in 2007, was the next big thing and then went either 4-12 or 5-11 for the next 6 seasons, screwing up drafts and trading away star players for magic beans all along the way. They are 95-224-1 since 1999. I'll believe they are a good football team when they can win a home playoff game. My prediction for them is either a disappointing 6-10 because of injuries or a plucky 7th seed dark horse wildcard contender in it til the end but not in the playoffs due to some team pulling their starters in week 17. Just enough hope to keep everyone watching and saying "Wait until next season." They are the jerk dangling a dollar from a fishing pole keeping it just out of reach on those commercials. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8374112

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If the Eagles don't win the SB , hopefully take his Bad JuJu back to Cleveland?  Just saying, 2018 upon Cheddaars arrival didn't exactly go as planned?

You get 1 Mulligan (2018) MC! 1 😎

Oh if that happens, I'm heading straight for the Pittsburgh and Dallas forums... two franchises truly deserving of my all my loyalty, devotion and JuJu. 

Go Birds

• Like 2

So, there are some huge differences between the Eagles and the Browns.

I used to work in a Cleveland-themed bar replete with Stadium Mustard and Stadium Retards.
It was owned by a former Indians prospect named Chris Hogue who was paralyzed in a car accident.
In all of his Cleveland wisdom (and settlement) he bought a bar and called it the Dugout.
What a s-hole.

This was no indictment on Chris, but the place was bad.
He hired Joe Charboneu, former ROY in the AL as a bartender.
To say he was a loose cannon was an understatement.
To say he was an a-hole to the 17th power was also an understatement.
He once fielded a complaint about an undercooked bar pizza and pulled down his pants and sat on it as a response.
"Is it better now?"
Another time a women accidentally waltzed into the men's room while he was taking a leak.
He followed her back to her seat and beat her about the face with his schwantz.
I must admit, I did admire how he could open a longneck with his eye socket (no lie).
But, not much else helped the bottom line (or the tip jar).

The worst part, though, was listening how Bernie Kosar was the best QB in football and how he was gonna do this and gonna do that.
Then he didn't.
And everyone reveled in the misery.

This is what being a "lovable loser" means.
Philadelphia is not a city of lovable losers.
We want to be neither lovable nor losers.
But, alas .....

We berate our teams with the expectation that they are going to fail.
Most of us signed up for this with low expectations.
We boo our heroes, our hall-of-famers, our favorites and even Santa Claus with equal fervor.
If Jesus comes back, he better not come to Philly unless he can rush for 200 yards, dunk or hit a 70 yard field goal.

Winning is greatly appreciated because it has been the exception not the rule and we know it.
If you win you are not living up to expectations, you are defying them.
You need to bleed a lot before you can bleed green.

This is what it means to be a Philadelphia fan.

• Like 2