Better 2019 season:Dak Prescott vs Nick Foles

Steelersfan43

Dak or Foles  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Dak or Foles

• Dak
    • Foles

23 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its kinda sad that so-called Eagles fans still spout this anti-Foles consistency garbage.

Since the start of 2013 he is 24-7 in games that matter for the Eagles.

• His TD to INTs are 63 to 22 over those games
  • People still want to focus on the 2015 Rams and a week 17 exhibition game.
  • What he did to avoid sacks in 2014 to get that team to 6-2 before it fell apart with Sanchez (4-4) was legendary.
    • Just watch the game vs DC.

In that time period Andrew Luck has 14 games with a passer rating below 70 in 77 starts. (18.2%)

• Foles has 5 such games in 31 real starts as an Eagle. (16.1%)

Maybe you consider below 80 rating a bad game instead?

• Luck has 24 such games in 77 starts since the start of 2013.  (31.2%)
  • Foles has 9 in 31 (29.0%)

Foles has played in 13 high pressure games  (Must win or close to must win that greatly affect his team's chances)

• He is 11-2 in those games 
    • last 2 regular season games in 2013  (131.7 and 121.4)
    • first 2 starts in 2017 to get the #1 seed (115.8 and 59.4)
    • last 3 games of 2018 to make the playoffs (89.4, 120.4, 102.1)
    • playoff games (105.0, 100.1, 141.4, 106.1, 77.7, 61.4)

He also played a long relief game for the Eagles vs the Giants (114.9) and for KC vs Jacksonville (135.2) and won a start for KC vs Indy (86.3)

• KC needed Foles for 2 games and they won both. 
  • Those games ensured that KC got the 2 seed, but they were weeks 8 an d9 so I would not count them with the other 13  must win games.

He absolutely was an inconsistent QB for St Louis when he had 11 starts for an awful team that announced it was moving and he faced 8 playoff teams in those 11 starts.

• 3 starts over 100 rating (Seattle, AZ, SF)
  • 3 starts between 70 and 89
  • 1 start in the 60s 
  • 4 bad games, 2 of which were hideously awful (@GB, @ Cincy)

Including every real game Foles has started in his entire career.he has 13 games below 70 rating in 50 starts (or 53 games including the 3 long relief appearances*)

26% or 24.5%

That figure is heavily influenced by the 45.5% rate in St Louis.

He was 1 for 7 on below 70 rating games in 2012 as a rookie on a decimated 4-12 team that got Andy Reid fired. (14.3%)

*His first career game was a long relief for Vick vs Dallas in 2012

And no QB has been good with the Rams under Jeff Fisher and 3 of his starters (Keenum, Goff and Foles) were in the NFC title game in the last 2 years after leaving the hell of Jeff Fisher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Its kinda sad that so-called Eagles fans still spout this anti-Foles consistency garbage.

Not this guy. Since the end of the season, I advocated for extending Foles and shipping out Wentz for what would've been a ton of compensation. That's not to say I think Foles is necessarily better than Wentz. We've all seen what he can do when he's healthy. It was more so showing some respect to the guy that out-dueled the GOAT for the cities first championship and pulled his team out of the grave the following year to show it wasn't a fluke. I'd gladly eat my words if Wentz stays healthy and returns to 2017 form.

At any rate, my point is Foles is still underrated. If Luck's injury is significant, the Jags take that division.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

32 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Not this guy. Since the end of the season, I advocated for extending Foles and shipping out Wentz for what would've been a ton of compensation. That's not to say I think Foles is necessarily better than Wentz. We've all seen what he can do when he's healthy. It was more so showing some respect to the guy that out-dueled the GOAT for the cities first championship and pulled his team out of the grave the following year to show it wasn't a fluke. I'd gladly eat my words if Wentz stays healthy and returns to 2017 form.

At any rate, my point is Foles is still underrated. If Luck's injury is significant, the Jags take that division.

JAX still has to get by TEN and HOU in that case. I think TEN wins the division in that case