How likely...?

Hunter2_1

Grade these scenarios for likelihood. 0 (impossible, not going to happen) to 5 (Almost certain to happen)

1. Cleveland fail to live up to this season's hype / expectation*

2. This is Brady's last season

3. We will see 1 team in the playoffs that haven't been in there for 3 or more years

4. 3 teams from the same division in the playoffs

5. Todd Gurley is back to his best, or close to his best

6. Teams use the fullback or heavy formations (12/22) a lot more this season**

7. 49ers make playoffs

8. The Carr - Brown connection goes off (something like...1300+ yards, 10+ TDs) 

9. KC number 1 seed again

* whatever expectation that might be (win the North, I guess?)

** - Passing-out-of-Heavy-Sets-1024x576.png

Edited by Hunter2_1

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Grade these scenarios for likelihood. 0 (impossible, not going to happen) to 5 (Almost certain to happen)

1. Cleveland fail to live up to this season's hype / expectation*...3

2. This is Brady's last season....2

3. We will see 1 team in the playoffs that haven't been in there for 3 or more years...4

4. 3 teams from the same division in the playoffs....1

5. Todd Gurley is back to his best, or close to his best....1 Unfortunately

6. Teams use the fullback or heavy formations (12/22) a lot more this season**...2

7. 49ers make playoffs...2

8. The Carr - Brown connection goes off (something like...1300+ yards, 10+ TDs)....2.5

9. KC number 1 seed again...2

* whatever expectation that might be (win the North, I guess?)

** - Passing-out-of-Heavy-Sets-1024x576.png

3 - A year too too early

2 - We tend not to win 2 in a row, and I think he'll want to leave on a high

3. We will see 1 team in the playoffs that haven't been in there for 3 or more years

3 - Got my eye on the NFC N here

4 - Yeah

5 - It's clealry a thing now. So versatile, you bring your heavy out, watch them come out in base, then spread them out - think Kittle against heavy linebackers

7. 49ers make playoffs

2 - Hope they do though

3 - If on field, yes.

4 - I struggle more than most to see any regression

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

3 - A year too too early

Just curious - why do you think that?

Personally, I don't like the hype we're getting - I'd prefer to fly under the radar. We have an unproven head coach, so that's a fair thing to be concerned about, but the talent is absolutely there for us to have a great season.

1. Cleveland fail to live up to this season's hype / expectation*...2

2. This is Brady's last season....3.5

3. We will see 1 team in the playoffs that haven't been in there for 3 or more years...5

4. 3 teams from the same division in the playoffs....2

5. Todd Gurley is back to his best, or close to his best....

6. Teams use the fullback or heavy formations (12/22) a lot more this season**...3

7. 49ers make playoffs...2.5

8. The Carr - Brown connection goes off (something like...1300+ yards, 10+ TDs)....2

9. KC number 1 seed again...0

• 1 - if hype is making the playoffs

• 1 - Why would he quit?

• 4 - see Cleveland above

• 2 - it won't include Green Bay

• 4 - even if healthy there are problems
    • He has zero financial incentive to push through pain or work extra hard (way too much guaranteed money)
    • His workload will be reduced with Henderson drafted in round 3

• 2 - New England will and maybe a few others but the league is too dumb to use it a bunch

7. 49ers make playoffs

• 1 - Not happening

• 4 - They can do this and still go 5-11

• 3 - they got a huge discipline break but Gordon playing 16 in NE would hurt their chances
    • How many games does Andrew Luck play?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DawgX said:

Just curious - why do you think that?

Personally, I don't like the hype we're getting - I'd prefer to fly under the radar. We have an unproven head coach, so that's a fair thing to be concerned about, but the talent is absolutely there for us to have a great season.

You've answered it, pretty much. No experience all together and that may take a little more time, but the talent is clearly there and it SHOULD come through at some point to make CLE into a genuine SB threat (IF kitch is not a complete tool of a coach)

Edited by Hunter2_1

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

1. Cleveland fail to live up to this season's hype / expectation* 4 - They have some great talent and will have a much better season than previous 

2. This is Brady's last season 0- He's still competitive, still wants to win, and still loves the game. No chance.

3. We will see 1 team in the playoffs that haven't been in there for 3 or more years 2- The NFL is so unpredictable who knows. We could easily see an unexpected team do well. 

4. 3 teams from the same division in the playoffs 1- Possible but unlikely. Just feel no more than two will do it this season. 

5. Todd Gurley is back to his best, or close to his best 4 - Yep. Has too much talent to struggle and is with a top team. He'll be back to the top of the rushing charts. 

6. Teams use the fullback or heavy formations (12/22) a lot more this season** 2- It's just not that popular anymore. It will be used sparingly by some teams. 

7. 49ers make playoffs 3- Think it's possible. Of course the Rams and the Seahawks are the favourites but the 49ers are building a good team and if not this year will certainly challenge next year. 

8. The Carr - Brown connection goes off (something like...1300+ yards, 10+ TDs) 3 - Despite all the drama in Oakland this offseason, Carr and Brown have enough talent to achieve this. 

9. KC number 1 seed again 4 - Pat Mahomes 

21 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

1. Cleveland fail to live up to this season's hype / expectation* - 3

2. This is Brady's last season - 1

3. We will see 1 team in the playoffs that haven't been in there for 3 or more years - 1

4. 3 teams from the same division in the playoffs - 1

5. Todd Gurley is back to his best, or close to his best - 2

6. Teams use the fullback or heavy formations (12/22) a lot more this season** - 3

7. 49ers make playoffs - 1

8. The Carr - Brown connection goes off (something like...1300+ yards, 10+ TDs) - 2

9. KC number 1 seed again - 2

Things were looking up in Cleveland, and while I'd love to see them pick up where they left off it is never that simple in the NFL. Especially with the offseason changes they went through. The degree of hype they're getting suggests a playoff berth and I'm not sure that's in the cards just yet. Their schedule is no cake walk, and they will need time to settle in under Kitchens.

Can almost guarantee this will not be Brady's last season, even if he declines (which I don't expect him to do).

The only team that hasn't made the playoffs in 3+ years who I think will have any real chance are the Browns. Maybe the Niners if the Rams or Seahawks collapse but it's a very long shot.

Gurley will try but I can't see him being the same great player after this. Degenerative arthritis is no joke.

As for KC winning the #1 seed again, I'm leaning towards no. Baltimore, New England, and the Chargers aren't going anywhere, and they've all had a year to study Mahomes.