Should KC have let Hunt go?

Fresh Prince

Right Move  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Right Move

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Is there a more lovable cast of characters in the NFL than Baker, OBJ, and Hunt?

It's hypocritical of them to keep Hill and cut Hunt.

Not really the same

Hill didn’t lie to the Chiefs. Hill wasn’t suspended by the NFL. Hill wasn’t seen on video striking a woman. Hill had an incident, but that was before he was drafted.

Could see it either way here. In retrospect, probably not. I think they cut him due to the PR backlash, and then quickly found out that they had already taken all the backlash anyway, and the team that got Hunt in the end wasn't going to get any extra criticism (KC took all the flak, everyone praised Cleveland signing him.) I think that at least partially informed how they handled Hill, too.

If the team is genuine though when they say their problem was him lying to the team about it, then I can back that.

• Like 1

Considering the current domestic violence focus of society, the answer is 100% yes.  Regardless of the truth behind the video, and the fact you're supposed to be innocent till proven guilty, the fact is if you're famous and/or the reported crime gains media attention, you're guilty until proven innocent.  The Chiefs had to remove themselves from the perception of looking the other way on issues such as these.  Other orgs were 100% within their right to sign him as they can be seen as "giving him a second chance and/or putting him on the right path" but you can't be the team that drafted him with known issues and then keep him when similar issues arise afterwards.