Week 2 Preseason SF @ DEN GD Thread

Broncofan

Geez, we've seen 2 good 3rd conversions, but man, our run game is getting spanked by SF's mostly-2nd team front 7.   And this 3rd down, the pressure gets there from both the inside and outside.

Again, it's tough to make too much of the preseason, but SF sitting out 5 of their front 7 starters (Bosa, Ford & Buckner on the DL, Ward & Alexander at ILB) this is a bad showing by the OL so far. 

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Geez, we've seen 2 good 3rd conversions, but man, our run game is getting spanked by SF's mostly-2nd team front 7.   And this 3rd down, the pressure gets there from both the inside and outside.

Again, it's tough to make too much of the preseason, but SF sitting out 5 of their front 7 starters (Bosa, Ford & Buckner on the DL, Ward & Alexander at ILB) this is a bad showing by the OL so far. 

No kidding. I mean hell If I’m Elway I fire Munchak tomorrow. What an embarrassment. 

Shelby Harris is beasting, however. 

That hold was so bad because it was all technique.   He opened up so quickly on that one against a guy he didn't need to respect that much.  Wiped out a huge play to Sanders.  Oh well, Munchak, keep working at it.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Totally OT - if I'm Kyle Shanahan I want to give 1 more drive to JimmyG.  He needs to get the rust off - game reps in preseason are going to be needed if they want to compete Week 1.   That last drive, a holding penalty resulted in a bubble screen on 2nd down and a handoff.  That's not how you get JimmyG's rust off.

Edited by Broncofan

SF's 2nd string LT was no match for Chubb there (Staley didn't play that series with 2nd string QB out there).  Strip sack, can't ding Chubb for who he's facing, what's nice to see was that was a double move from Chubb, so he's learning from Von there.

Edited by Broncofan