POTD Mon 9/4: Grilling

MrDrew

What Fuels Your Fire?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of grill are you using today?

• Wood
    • Charcoal
    • Propane/Gas (You should be ashamed)
    • I'm UnAmerican and don't grill

9 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Mess with? I turn it on and pick a temp. If it runs low I add more pellets.

no hauling propane tanks back and forth either, just grab a bag of pellets at the store when I'm low.

Let me rephrase.  I don't have the time to mess with the manual ones, and don't have the money nor want to spend the money on a nice one like what you're talking about.  And i'm still not ashamed. :)

My first grill was a wedding present from my grandma.  My second and current grill i got for cheap from my Aunt and restored it.  It's a nice Weber grill and only set me back like $75 total.  For me, it's more about relaxing outside while the food cooks, avoiding the chaos of the interior of the house.

Don't grill. Have never grilled. Have constantly thought about buying one but they have an astronomical price tag in this country and it's far too miserably hot and humid outside to stand in front of a grill.

Would love to learn how to grill but my mom never grilled growing up so have no base to begin with. 

I have a propane grill and use that and my cast iron skillet almost exclusively. I'd love to spend 8-12 hours smoking meat on a pellet smoker/charcoal grill, but between having a job and coaching 2 sports, while being extremely happily married with an almost 3 year old and a 9 month old, that's not really feasible.

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. Although sometimes there isn't a much better way to cook a steak than over a campfire. I highly recommend cherry wood. 

I made a cherrywood pork belly with cinnamon and Granny Smith apples last year. It was worthy of awards.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:
1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. Although sometimes there isn't a much better way to cook a steak than over a campfire. I highly recommend cherry wood. 

I made a cherrywood pork belly with cinnamon and Granny Smith apples last year. It was worthy of awards.

I always use an apple/cherry blend when I would do pork. Oak/Cherry for almost everything else. 

Archived