Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Cedric Benson dead

Really sad. I hated the draft pick but can't help but feel really sorry for the kid. Such a shame.

I joined this site during the 2005 NFL draft. I still remember watching his highlights on Youtube. It's crazy he died at such a young age. Really is a shame. 

Love all the Bears with whom there was reported animosity back in the day coming out and talking about how much they love the kid. Briggs talking about how they’d hit each other too hard in practice and then both make sure each other was good when the talk at the time was the vets “punishing” Benson in practice for his holdout upon his arrival, and Thomas Jones defending him and talking about how he was just a kid trying to find his way in the league when they were teammates was great, humanizing stuff and really shows how people don’t really see the real relationships that build between these players. Benson underwhelmed to expectations here but I never got the impression he was anything other than a good guy. I remember as much as his on field shortcomings the raw emotion we saw from him when he was drafted. That was awesome stuff. 

RIP Cedric. You deserved better. 

Some reports that he was driving at a high speed and a bystander tried to put out the fire that engulfed him with a fire extinguisher.

Just awful. Awful.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a good person and Chicago Bear ' Alum'. 

On August 18, 2019 at 11:38 AM, Sugashane said:

Damn. Literally just got done riding mine. Sad to hear. 

Just remember cars and trucks win those collisions.  Be weary my friend.  

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Just remember cars and trucks win those collisions.  Be weary my friend.  

Absolutely. I trust no one when I'm on it, but I'm like that with my truck too. Learned better than to trust other drivers from volunteer firefighting and all the crap my dad dealt with when he did it for 25 years.