SEA rookie WR DK Metcalf gets knee scope

Broncofan

3 comments:

1.  If he's not out long, has to be a knee scope.  Cleanup, loose bodies, etc.

2.  Pete Carroll is an eternal optimist, so take what he says FWIW.

3.  Metcalf has to be the most polarizing WR rookie prospect in a while.   Unbelievable size/speed/strength/catch radius - but 3rd percentile agility (Pac-man SPARQ profile), and limited tape because of health concerns.  Yet an amazing opportunity for the 2nd WR position right away in SEA with Russell Wilson.  This is really going to affect his stock in dynasty leagues.

48 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Is Seattle working the phones right now, or maybe they wait until cuts happen?

Nope, WR is pretty set. 

Lockett, David Moore, Jarron Brown are locked in. Seattle brought in 4 other rookies (Jennings, Ursula, Jazz Ferg, Wright) to compete for the last spot. Seattle doesn't use a lot of WR's, preferring to go double TE and split one out. They might keep 4 TE's anyway (Vannett, Dissly, Hollister, Dickson).

18 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Nope, WR is pretty set. 

Lockett, David Moore, Jarron Brown are locked in. Seattle brought in 4 other rookies (Jennings, Ursula, Jazz Ferg, Wright) to compete for the last spot. Seattle doesn't use a lot of WR's, preferring to go double TE and split one out. They might keep 4 TE's anyway (Vannett, Dissly, Hollister, Dickson).

What about Keenan Reynolds?

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Keith Marshall in WR form?

I like DK, for what it's worth... But I also guaranteed that Keith Marshall would become a perennial 1,000 yard, 10 TD guy.

Keith Marshall?  He was not a good player at Georgia and was barely drafted, sure ran a fine 40 and benched a good amount but that kid clearly was not some baller.  DK was hyped to be a 1st rounder and is arguably more rare as a WR but that lack of change of direction ability hurts him a lot in route running.

The comparison would be Tony Mandarich in WR form potentially.  

Hope it is not bad and he can get on the field and stay healthy, could be a good fit for him in Seattle but see why they got Jazz, similar elite athlete for his size at WR and is a big body who can make plays.  And Jaron Brown should do very well for them this season.  

5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Keith Marshall in WR form?

I like DK, for what it's worth... But I also guaranteed that Keith Marshall would become a perennial 1,000 yard, 10 TD guy.

Or just Kevin White.

I hope he gets healthy and shows some durability, it sucks seeing potential thrown to the dumpster because of something they can't control.