Preseason WK 2 GDT - The RETURN OF THE JIMMY

N4L

58 minutes ago, John232 said:

Real interesting topic would be the "What if Jimmy is ***"..what do we do at QB next year? Mullens isn't a franchise guy..Kyle has a love affair for Kirk..we trading for him? 

If Jimmy is really bad to the point that Kyle feels he's a lost cause, the 49ers will just release him. Shanahan will have to find the next guy, and he'd be on limited time by that point with his job security. This is a worse case scenario though. Watching these games, it's so easy to go down the mental rabbit hole of how terrible the upcoming season will be, or how awesome it will be. 

Edited by PapaShogun

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

So we good with Coleman, Breida and Mostert?

I am. Was a fan of the McKinnon pick-up, but I don't see a reason to keep holding onto him. Most likely he'll start the season on IR. Whether he's removed or not will depend on injuries to these three. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, burlow said:

If JG10 is not an starting NFL caliber QB, Shanny should have at least 2 more years after this.  We wont find a better coach.

Lol if Jimmy isnt the guy then Shanny needs to go with him. There are a ton of young bright minds waiting for an opportunity to become HC. 

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I am. Was a fan of the McKinnon pick-up, but I don't see a reason to keep holding onto him. Most likely he'll start the season on IR. Whether he's removed or not will depend on injuries to these three. 

Me too...just seeing what others were thinking. I was ok with the McKinnon signing but was never excited about it.

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

Lol if Jimmy isnt the guy then Shanny needs to go with him. There are a ton of young bright minds waiting for an opportunity to become HC. 

I do not know where you get his logic.  A bright mind who's tree is being pliaged is the rams and they got pooed on in the superbowl.  We picked up jimmy half way through Shannys first season here and he looked the deal the opportunities he got.  Jimmy was then injured in his 3rd game last season - we have not had a true opportunity to judge him, now you want to get rid of a coach because Jimmy isnt the guy....

Now we have a back up qb who might have the weakest arm in the NFL and we are hopping that we can trade him for future draft picks.  We have a great system and shanny should have at a minimum 2 more seasons after this one.

• Like 3