Preseason WK 2 GDT - The RETURN OF THE JIMMY

N4L

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was the play I referenced a few pages back and actually one of the first plays of the game I watched lol. 

Had another good rush a few plays later. 

This might be the other one your referring too

If Solly becomes something and we stay healthy Jesus the dline is going to be scary.

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

cool video but i dont agree with the tweet, I thought he looked great on the edge tonight. A healthy mix/stunt with him, DeFo, Armstead, Ford, and Bosa is the best case scenario 

I agree. He had a great night on the edge. He was an unstoppable force tonight. The four point stance, being super low to the ground and firing off the ball and keeping good pad leverage was really working well for him. 

He moves so well laterally that he can make plays anywhere. 

I love how much action he got tonight. He looks hungry. Was great to see. The new, attacking style of our DL is going to be great. 

DJ Reed had a solid night. I wish I could talk about tartt without him being hurt, he was everywhere early in the game. Donte johnson actually looked very good, made some nice plays on the ball while it was in the air. 

Everyone is talking about Garoppolo but I'd say our team looked pretty sharp. No penalties, no turnovers (until speight turned it over with like 3 mins left in the 4Q) alone was a big improvement

Positive night in my book

• Like 1

Mostert had a good night running the ball. Richie James had some nice returns and had some good blocks in front of him. 

The shots of our sideline in the second half were encouraging. This is a good group of guys we have, and I think we have a little more bite and a little more moxy than we have had in years previous. 

It's going to be a good season! 

Defensively this team is going to be legit. Hard to believe, but the defense will likely be better than our offense. The depth is finally there aside from the secondary I guess. 

So I was hoping Jimmy G would take a hit at some point in the game just to clear the mental hurdle. He needs to be able to take a hit and get right back up to get his confidence back. Only real bad decision was the near INT on 3rd down during the 2nd drive. Even the INT was a solid decision, but he didn't get nearly as much air on the ball as he should have. Though Staley getting beat that quickly didn't help matters. 

The two guys Jimmy G trusts the most are fearless receivers that will make big plays in the middle of the field. That's what baffles me when I don't see Samuel playing with the starters. Like he is the perfect guy for Garoppolo. He's going to go down the MOF and won't have any fear of getting hit, similar to Taylor. Would like to see him get some time with the starters next game. 

Tartt looked really good and he is a good ball player.........Just that he can never stay healthy and he left the game with some sort of injury. Think he may have returned but still, that's not good. 

All the RBs looked good and it is just time to move on from McKinnon. Put him on the IR and move on. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Defensively this team is going to be legit. Hard to believe, but the defense will likely be better than our offense. The depth is finally there aside from the secondary I guess. 

So I was hoping Jimmy G would take a hit at some point in the game just to clear the mental hurdle. He needs to be able to take a hit and get right back up to get his confidence back. Only real bad decision was the near INT on 3rd down during the 2nd drive. Even the INT was a solid decision, but he didn't get nearly as much air on the ball as he should have. Though Staley getting beat that quickly didn't help matters. 

The two guys Jimmy G trusts the most are fearless receivers that will make big plays in the middle of the field. That's what baffles me when I don't see Samuel playing with the starters. Like he is the perfect guy for Garoppolo. He's going to go down the MOF and won't have any fear of getting hit, similar to Taylor. Would like to see him get some time with the starters next game. 

Tartt looked really good and he is a good ball player.........Just that he can never stay healthy and he left the game with some sort of injury. Think he may have returned but still, that's not good. 

All the RBs looked good and it is just time to move on from McKinnon. Put him on the IR and move on. 

He had two tipped passes(pettis, goodwin) which are probably both caught if not tipped. Kaden Smith dropped one. The int was on a miscommunication- maybe Jimmy sees Brieda and is able to connect with him for a big play/TD and we have to mentioned no Trent Taylor or Kittle.  The only pass that I saw that was concerning was the almost pick six but again pressure up the middle. Not trying to make up excuses for Jimmy but yeah we gotta get over this fast.

Overall, I'm not worried about the defense, special team or run game going into the season its the passing offense/protection.

It may not matter but Coleman did start the game wonder if that's just something that Kyle will play by ear?

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

He had two tipped passes(pettis, goodwin) which are probably both caught if not tipped. Kaden Smith dropped one. The int was on a miscommunication- maybe Jimmy sees Brieda and is able to connect with him for a big play/TD and we have to mentioned no Trent Taylor or Kittle.  The only pass that I saw that was concerning was the almost pick six but again pressure up the middle. Not trying to make up excuses for Jimmy but yeah we gotta get over this fast.

Overall, I'm not worried about the defense, special team or run game going into the season its the passing offense/protection.

It may not matter but Coleman did start the game wonder if that's just something that Kyle will play by ear?

The INT wasn't miscommunication or at least I don't think it is. I'm pretty sure I heard him say Breida was his target on that play. He just didn't get enough air on the ball and it made it seem like the pass was to Goodwin instead. You obviously need more time to throw the wheel route in that instance but Chubb beat Staley right at the snap.

Now that he's gotten past some of the mental hurdles of defenders coming after him, he should be more relaxed for the KC game. 

33 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

My understanding is that Coleman has had this role all camp. One of the Matts (I believe Maiocco) predicted that Coleman will receive a plurality, if not a majority, of the carries in the run game. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The INT wasn't miscommunication or at least I don't think it is. I'm pretty sure I heard him say Breida was his target on that play. He just didn't get enough air on the ball and it made it seem like the pass was to Goodwin instead. You obviously need more time to throw the wheel route in that instance but Chubb beat Staley right at the snap.

Now that he's gotten past some of the mental hurdles of defenders coming after him, he should be more relaxed for the KC game. 

Whoops meant miscommunication on Laken and Joe as Chubb got a clear path to Jimmy.