Preseason WK 2 GDT - The RETURN OF THE JIMMY

N4L

18 hours ago, John232 said:

Do you use it to stream NFL games by any chance? I looked at going the VPN route once for my wife who was living in the caribbean, but didn't want to risk an IP ban for her because she was doing a lot of her med school courses online. 

I have Sunday ticket and cable so I do not use game pass, but I haven’t had any problems with Sunday ticket. 

Anyone who really expected Jimmy to be dynamite wasn't being the least bit realistic. However, he needs to get over being gun-shy. 

Wow. I cannot ever recall a P/K wrapping up and tackling like that! Loved it and hope to see much more. His technique was something our D should learn, really.

Solly looking good along with a lot of the depth on the DL. But the OL?! Heaven help us please, because run blocking seems to be decent but the pass blocking kind of sucks.

• Like 4

Just caught up with the game. Here are my thoughts (because you were waiting for me, right?):

Jimmy very rusty, and to me, looked scared. The best thing that could have happened to him would have been a big hit, and getting up from it. He truly looked scared, throwing off his back foot, never stepping into the throws. Sure, the OL didn't really help him, but in that case, I would have preferred some designed roll outs. He never got comfortable, he never got anything going. He didn't play long, mind you. And the batted passes were annoying. The first one, Pettis actually got open, and the pass was going his way, so we will never know how easily he would have dropped it.

I want to see Deebo with the 1s. The kid is so exciting. Bring Pettis with the 2s.

When Bourne dropped the deep pass, I thought he was cut from the roster. Then he goes and catches that TD. Great catch. But way too inconsistent. He's most likely gone. But sweet catch nonetheless.

Mostert is so fast. Crazy speed. He's not a great RB, but if he has space, so fast.

Kaden Smith looks nice. Isn't showing a ton, but nice.

The QBs sucked, but the running game is so strong. Compared to the Broncos' offense, we look like grown-ups, and they look like kindergarten. Our D looks a TON more disciplined than it's been the last couple of years, and that includes the depth players. Well, the depth players were the starters for the most part. So many players not playing. Can't wait to see our real D, with the pass rushers, Buck, the LBs, etc. But even without an actual front 7, I thought they played well. The back end looks more structured and less lost than it used to be. Tartt made plays early on. Can he play all year? 

Ooohh... almost forgot. Mitch! The fourth round pick was worth it for that tackle alone! And it was in a preseason game, I don't care! Kicker tackles are things of beauty. Love that Mitch. He's still looking for his footing in the punting game (pun intended), but that tackle!! Beautiful.

• Like 1

So I had to go back through my draft notes and figure out why or how Givens wasn't on my radar. I did remember watching him@Penn State but he always looked like a DE that was playing inside. Maybe it was his number but he didn't look like he had legit DT size. Definitely didn't look 285 lbs to me. I remembered him being a great pursuit guy with a good penetration and lateral quickness but I didn't think he played with alot 'pop' or power. Didn't think he got off blocks all that well when he was ran at in the run game.

I said all that to say, my one real takeaway from the game? Kevin Givens. Honorable mention to Al-Shaair who I thought was really impressive also but omg, Givens just came out of nowhere. He was the best D-Lineman by a wide margin for me. Just sooooo disruptive. Beat guys with power, quickness, lateral movement...he really put it all on display. He put a move on Risner that I had to rewatch a couple of times to make sure that it was actually Risner in the game. It is preseason so you can't get too giddy overall but man, he really showed me a skillset I didn't think he had. Really really impressed with that kid.

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

A certain DEEBO has touched the ball 3 times in preseason. 2 of these have gone for more than 40 yards. I postulate that this DEEBO should touch the ball more often. It would please me.

It also pleases me. I say the motion passes. Who dissents?

I dissent. Basically, because I'm a rebel and enjoy dissenting. I also reject the word dissent, and the word postulate, for that matter. They sound smart, and I don't like smart words. 

I dissent because I want to go into September as happy as possible. To better my chances of this, I would like to "put bubble-wrap" on every single intended starter. 

Let me dream a little longer. I can be patient.. for when the games actually matter. :P 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I dissent. Basically, because I'm a rebel and enjoy dissenting. I also reject the word dissent, and the word postulate, for that matter. They sound smart, and I don't like smart words. 

I dissent because I want to go into September as happy as possible. To better my chances of this, I would like to "put bubble-wrap" on every single intended starter. 

Let me dream a little longer. I can be patient.. for when the games actually matter. :P 

Your dissent is noted for the record, though you shall need like-minded comrades in order to defeat the motion. I also postulate that any who argue for less DEEBO or fewer postulations dislike fun. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JIllg said:

Your dissent is noted for the record, though you shall need like-minded comrades in order to defeat the motion. I also postulate that any who argue for less DEEBO or fewer postulations dislike fun. 

I corroborate oldman's dissent, in the spirit of comradery. I do not prostate anything. Words are too hard.

And for the record, I still metatarsal @y2lamanaki and @Forge.

• Like 3