Bucs @ Dolphins and Hurricane Irma -Moved to Week 11

bucsfan333

Now that I look at the schedule, doesn't it make more sense to just give both Tampa and Miami a bye week 1 and move the game to week 11, when both teams have their byes scheduled? They did the exact same thing after Hurricane Andrew in 1992, with the Patriots - Dolphins game being moved from Week 1 to both teams' respective bye weeks instead.  I think this move makes the most sense for everyone 

5 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I think this move makes the most sense for everyone 

It makes more sense for the owners, who don't want to pay exorbiant costs to move the game up or to a neutral site. 

Forcing two playoff-hopeful teams to play 16 straight games makes very little sense given the alternatives in my humble opinion. They could easily, easily play this game Thursday night.

7 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Now that I look at the schedule, doesn't it make more sense to just give both Tampa and Miami a bye week 1 and move the game to week 11, when both teams have their byes scheduled? They did the exact same thing after Hurricane Andrew in 1992, with the Patriots - Dolphins game being moved from Week 1 to both teams' respective bye weeks instead.  I think this move makes the most sense for everyone 

They'd perfer not to, especially the fins. going all 16 games in a row with a game in london. It may shape up to be the only option though.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

They could easily, easily play this game Thursday night.

Well now it's being reported that local police would not be able to staff a game after they switch to 12-hour 'emergency' shifts, which may happen as soon as Thursday. So maybe not.

They can still move it to Tampa or Atlanta.

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Well now it's being reported that local police would not be able to staff a game after they switch to 12-hour 'emergency' shifts, which may happen as soon as Thursday. So maybe not.

They can still move it to Tampa or Atlanta.

I would laugh if they moved it to Tampa because that would just give Tampa a 9th home game.  I understand the week 11 bye was a huge asset for both teams to have, but I don't see a lot of alternatives frankly with the schedule pretty much set in stone 

2 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I would laugh if they moved it to Tampa because that would just give Tampa a 9th home game.  I understand the week 11 bye was a huge asset for both teams to have, but I don't see a lot of alternatives frankly with the schedule pretty much set in stone 

I would 100% rather play in Tampa than give up a bye. The Dolphins players are saying the same thing. The bye is big for players.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I would 100% rather play in Tampa than give up a bye. The Dolphins players are saying the same thing. The bye is big for players.

Fair enough, I guess it would be trading a Week 1 home game for much needed rest time later in the season.  I'd personally be surprised if Tampa loses the game in that situation tho.  Then again, I picked the Bucs to go to the NFC Championship game this year so I probably have some bias in that statement lol

10 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Fair enough, I guess it would be trading a Week 1 home game for much needed rest time later in the season.  I'd personally be surprised if Tampa loses the game in that situation tho.  Then again, I picked the Bucs to go to the NFC Championship game this year so I probably have some bias in that statement lol

Bucs were a 2.5pt favorite before all this, a home game would make them a 5pt favorite.

Archived