Bucs @ Dolphins and Hurricane Irma -Moved to Week 11

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, BladeKor said:

Why not just move the game to Thursday or Friday?

Well now it's being reported that local police would not be able to staff a game after they switch to 12-hour 'emergency' shifts, which may happen as soon as Thursday. So maybe not.

Probably couldn't staff the stadium.

Schools in the area already closed beginning Wednesday.

I want to preface this by saying I am not trying to be insensitive in any way...

But this screws my fantasy team that has Jameis, Mike Evans and Devante Parker supposed to help me tie over until Luck, Zeke and Doug Martin are all back lol

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Not sure how you can justify teams having to play 16 straight weeks, especially when one has a London game. That's disastrous. Just play it in Atlanta or something.

Just brutal... I can't believe there isn't a better solution

Honestly, delaying the game is probably the best thing they can do. The coaches, staff, and players should spend this week getting their affairs in order and their families out of town. If it's as bad as it's looking, many of them may not come back to homes.

Does it suck playing 16 weeks in a row? Absolutely. But if the storm is as damaging as some are predicting, they'll have more important things to worry about.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

If worst comes to the worst, couldn’t they just declare the game a tie and move on? Would the teams prefer that to sacrificing their bye week?

Moving the game to their bye would be a slap in the face to the players.

Declaring it a tie would be a kick in the balls to the players AND coaches. A deep kick with a prime angle. The kind where the tip of your foot is past the other guy's backside and you get him with mostly shin.

Archived