Fantasy Thread

Humble_Beast

I'm sure a lot of us play fantasy football, so lets make a thread to talk about FF?  How do you like our players

Josh Jacobs- I'm buying the hype, I'm going try to land him in the late 2nd round or 3rd (15-25range current ADP 35) . I really think he Is going be rookie of the year

AB - media make it seem like he is a cancer, but I don't buy into it. He's hof talent and still in his prime, ADP 22. Again he is a guy I would looking at hard 15-25. He might start off slow but he is going be a beast

Darren Waller- hes not projected to be drafted ADP 237, but I might take him in the 15th or 16th round. Gruden is hyping him up, I don't plan on taking a TE early like Ertz, Kelce, Kittle. I'm going try to target Henry, Howard, Engram in the 5th or 6th round. I also looking into a TE sleeper to take late. I'm thinking Waller or Mark Andrews Ravens. Be nice to see Waller tear it up Thursday

Tyrelle Williams- slotted at ADP 126, he's not really on my radar. Williams could easily be the WR1 in the offense if AB misses time. If he is there late 13-16 I might look at him

Derek Carr- I might be a homer but I still think MVP Derek is still there. I felt like last year was about staying healthy, and learning the playbook. Carr seems like he has total control of the offense, Gruden support, and a HUGE upgrade in weapons. hopefully Kolton and Trent can protect Carr, he struggles with the pressure. he's projected at #185 I'm considering him in the late rounds. A couple QB I like late 

Darnold , Carr, Jackson, James, J Allen

What is your strategy going into the draft? I'm going to go late on TE and QB this year and load up on RBs

Edited by Humble_Beast

I’m targeting Kirk Cousins as my late round QB. Should be able to snag him right before kicker/D. 

I only carry one TE, so depending on draft position, I’ll either target OJ Howard/Henry in those 5/6 rounds, if I’m in the dead section. if not, Hooper in the 10th, if not, Andrews or Delanie Walker in the 13th. I am considering Waller there too though. But I’m basically all WR/RB in rounds 1-12, unless I sneak in that second tier of TE, or if Goff or someone is there in the 11th. 

For defense, just checking out the week one schedule and figuring it out from there. 

Other strategical thought processes: no player is a must have and no player is undraftable. But I can’t wait to draft AB when all the non Raider fans I play with pass on him a couple times. 

• Like 1

I almost always try to find a solid qb around rds5-7 depending if the right wr or rb 3 is there in the 5th (there usually is, especially in 10 team format) brown will be good 2nd rd value rt now, may change to higher if he starts practicing. im relying on the media stupidity , his stupidity and general raider hate/laughter to keep him in the 2nd, only question is where in the 2nd. Jacobs might be a great catch in the 3rd/early 4th rt now, but if he looks good thur night he`ll undoubtedly move up. carr is a solid option for anyone with a similar philosophy as me, hes going anywhere from 5th -8th rd imo. Williams is interesting, he could turn into excellent depth for someones team as a fill in , maybe a #2 in 12 man. Waller is still gonna be a sleeper so putting him together with another solid option is the way to go for me and see which one rises to the top. I absolutely hate being a homer but could realistically see having all 3 on my team if they fell the right way. AB (when hes on the field) is as legit as it gets for a WR1, Jacobs will be a good to great RB2, and DC will be good value at 5th or higher this year, goes without saying this is all IMO. gonna run an espn freebie just to see where things are shaking out. more info to come.

• Like 1

what is your strategy in round 1 in a 10 man PPR. obviously Kamara, Christian top 2 but after that? 1-5

what about if you end up drafting 8-10? I'm actually liking Mixon alot over Bell, Connor. Zac Taylor will set him up to have a MVP type season. Bell I'm not sure about, Connor still has health concerns.

so just for everyone to see in the draft I just ran. 10 man standard ppr league

Rnd.1 pick # 9- went with julio instead of gurley because of injury risk

Rnd.2 #12- went with AB because he wouldn't be there at the end of rnd 3 and I was purposefully going homer to see where guys are going

Rnd.3 #29- went Jacobs cuz backs start to thin out plus see above

Rnd.4#32- d freeman I wasn't thrilled with this pick but hes served me well before

Rnd.5#49- a Jeffrey rounded out 3 wrs for me, decent value

Rnd.6#52-d Montgomery is gonna be solid for the bears, and I believe you can almost never have too many starting rbs.

Rnd.7#69- D brees in rnd 7 is fine with me ,especially since DC is ranked WAAAAY down there.

Rnd.8#72- M.sanders  got the handcuff with very next pick.lol

Rnd.9#89- j. howard nails down phillys running game

Rnd.10#92- j. doyle because hes solid and cook did get snatched rt before (for anyone looking at him, id say it was about pick #87

Rnd.11#109- fitz as a #4 is solid and reliable, and if murray has a safety blanket its #11

Rnd.12#112- DC for the homer pick because it could be great value and I didn't want someone to jump my homer pick(as a side note there were still several viable backup qbs)

Rnd.13#129- saints def ,be4cause the pats were picked 4 picks earlier, ...and this is easier to stomach.lol

Rnd.14#132- Gostkowski, cuz hes money and so is the offense, again I gotta go best avail.

Rnd15#149- g tate is suspended for first 4, but hes my wr5 and they gotta throw to somebody in NY.lol

Rnd 16#152- d waller to finish the homer draft (again there were other tes but most older with little upside, or fant/hockenson who are good but rooks)

qb- brees,carr

rb-freeman,jacobs,monty,sanders/howard

wr-julio,AB,jeffrey,fitz,tate

te-doyle,waller

saints D

k- gostkowski

yall know how espn drafts go (usually some crazy picks, not so much on this one and FWIW it was a Baltimore league) later yall!

Edited by Devilshark69

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I wish AZ wasn't such a terrible state when it comes to the laws on Daily Fantasy. 

I might buy low on Derek Carr can't imagine he would get picked early or even mid-rounds. Could be a nice late-round pick to stash and see how he does. 

12th in the free espn I just did

6 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

so just for everyone to see in the draft I just ran. 10 man standard ppr league

Rnd.1 pick # 9- went with julio instead of gurley because of injury risk

Rnd.2 #12- went with AB because he wouldn't be there at the end of rnd 3 and I was purposefully going homer to see where guys are going

Rnd.3 #29- went Jacobs cuz backs start to thin out plus see above

Rnd.4#32- d freeman I wasn't thrilled with this pick but hes served me well before

Rnd.5#49- a Jeffrey rounded out 3 wrs for me, decent value

Rnd.6#52-d Montgomery is gonna be solid for the bears, and I believe you can almost never have too many starting rbs.

Rnd.7#69- D brees in rnd 7 is fine with me ,especially since DC is ranked WAAAAY down there.

Rnd.8#72- M.sanders  got the handcuff with very next pick.lol

Rnd.9#89- j. howard nails down phillys running game

Rnd.10#92- j. doyle because hes solid and cook did get snatched rt before (for anyone looking at him, id say it was about pick #87

Rnd.11#109- fitz as a #4 is solid and reliable, and if murray has a safety blanket its #11

Rnd.12#112- DC for the homer pick because it could be great value and I didn't want someone to jump my homer pick(as a side note there were still several viable backup qbs)

Rnd.13#129- saints def ,be4cause the pats were picked 4 picks earlier, ...and this is easier to stomach.lol

Rnd.14#132- Gostkowski, cuz hes money and so is the offense, again I gotta go best avail.

Rnd15#149- g tate is suspended for first 4, but hes my wr5 and they gotta throw to somebody in NY.lol

Rnd 16#152- d waller to finish the homer draft (again there were other tes but most older with little upside, or fant/hockenson who are good but rooks)

qb- brees,carr

rb-freeman,jacobs,monty,sanders/howard

wr-julio,AB,jeffrey,fitz,tate

te-doyle,waller

saints D

k- gostkowski

yall know how espn drafts go (usually some crazy picks, not so much on this one and FWIW it was a Baltimore league) later yall!

not bad... I'm actually thinking of getting G Tate round 9 well above his ADP. Just have to wait a few weeks and he have a WR2 / Flex all season....  who do you like best out of Beckham/ D Adams/ J Jones ??/ I'm torn on all those guys , I feel like AB just below those guys due to the off the field not practice with new team in the Juju/ AB/ K Allen/ M Evans tier

Not touching any Raiders outside of Jacobs in the 4th and Waller (if I miss out on my TE targets) as a complete late round flyer.  I don't anticipate I'll have any of our guys this year...

I play in a @2QB league, so likely have to draft 3 QBs mid rounds and going to focus on running QBs (4 pt per passing TD)  ala Cam (higher pick), Kyler (don't like his ADP though), Dak, Trubisky, Jackson and Allen.  Will likely end up taking Trbisky, Jackson and Allen as everyone hates them even though rushing yards make them value picks and viable starters.

I'll target the 3-5 TEs (Howard, Henry, Evans) in round 6ish.  If I miss on them, I'll target Reed and Waller with super late picks.

Load up on RBs and wrs everywhere else.

Unfortunately I have pick 4... so carefully watching Zeke.  Likely will end up with DJ or Hopkins.

I like to stream defense so targeting Dallas as they have a great early schedule.  If I miss on them, I'll go after Eagles or Lions for their week 1 plays.