Ryan Allen released

IheartMyV8

14 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

For the first time in 20 years the Patriots have a right-footed punter. Weird.

Feel for Ryan, don't really know what he did wrong - he was a good punter - never elite, but always solid. Played amazingly well in the Superbowl. He won't be unemployed for long, at least.

$$$

its a purely money move. They value Punter at a certain dollar amount and Allen was about to push past it. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

$$$

its a purely money move. They value Punter at a certain dollar amount and Allen was about to push past it. 

I think Bailey is just a clearly better player who they valued highly in the draft. Once they got him, it was game over for Allen. Not because of money, because Allen was on a modest contract, but because of the superior talent.

Except Gost doesnt suck... He isnt worth the contract he has but the alternative is being on of those teams with a revolving door of mediocrity. The league has made it harder on Kickers and I'd rather a guy I know can make the tough kicks, the long kicks, even if he has been middle of the pack percentage wise. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

he hit 98% last season...

Yeah, I've been critical of SG plenty, and it does seem like his nerves aren't what they used to be, but "sucks" is going way too far. He only missed 6 kicks all year, and four of those were from 50+. He was perfect from <40 (except for 1 xp). He does make me nervous now, much more than he ever used to, but he's nothing like as easily replaceable as a Punter.