Vince Williams' time with Steelers over?

armsteeld

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I will buy into Burns when he proves it in the regular season. Being a 2nd string star in preseason doesn't impress me at all

Ok, but it was a response to the question how has he and Davis have looked this year. Also, Burns has started against starters this Pre-season since Haden's been hurt. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He’s played a total of 3 quarters, 11 tackles, 3TFL. Leading PS tackler is Matakavich who’s played 5 quarters, 12 tackles, 0 TFL. 

i just went back and watched his first game where he was credited with 10 tackles.

1 tackle behind the los was an assist with #92 who forced the play. the other 9 all seemed to be chasing guys down after decent/good gains.

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Why an I not shocked that you are crapping on him?

lol, yet you are crapping on a player that has actually produced in a real game..............

not sure where i crapped on him. i can only assume you came to that because 1) you like him, 2) you cant show me all his other great plays

all im saying is bush has not made 'a bunch' of great plays behind the line of scrimmage and you state that he has.

i sorta found 1, where he assisted.

maybe you can  show me where to find the other ones

9 hours ago, muncher said:

my angle was that williams has value on this team

for depth I agree, but not as a starter. If the team can fetch a legit starter in an area of need, then I like the trade.

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I will buy into Burns when he proves it in the regular season

I don't want him to have the chance to prove it in the regular season. He has had a few seasons already, next person up is how I would go about this, he should be gone and if the team can't replace him on the depth chart then get  scouts and a GM that can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

for depth I agree, but not as a starter. If the team can fetch a legit starter in an area of need, then I like the trade.

I don't want him to have the chance to prove it in the regular season. He has had a few seasons already, next person up is how I would go about this, he should be gone and if the team can't replace him on the depth chart then get  scouts and a GM that can.

Burns has played better then Sutton. But Sutton was a "steal" in the 3rd and Burns was a "bust" in the 1st. So Burns is the one to go even tho he's outplayed Sutton. 

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Burns has played better then Sutton. But Sutton was a "steal" in the 3rd and Burns was a "bust" in the 1st. So Burns is the one to go even tho he's outplayed Sutton. 

To be fair, as a 3rd round pick, Sutton may not be playing as good as we would like but as a 1st round pick Burns isnt playing anywhere close to what he should be. That there in is the problem.

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

To be fair, as a 3rd round pick, Sutton may not be playing as good as we would like but as a 1st round pick Burns isnt playing anywhere close to what he should be. That there in is the problem.

But the draft is in the past. What matters now is which one is playing better? That's Burns.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe, but its preseason. It's not the first time he has played well in preseason only to look like crap in the regular season

Agreed, but you can only go by what you see now. Don't get me wrong. It's not like Burns has been great this Pre-Season. He's still a "bust". But he is playing better then Sutton. If it came down to the 2 of them...Burns must stay.  

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

a legit starter drafted in the 5th round?

if the steelers could draft legit starters in the 5th round they would never have any areas of need

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

VW was drafted in the 6th rd. Just sayin'.

good value but if you really want to improve the D, recent history has show that for some reason the DC expects the ILB to cover a WR.

1. either get a new DC (they didn't)

2. get ILB's that can cover (Baron and Bush can but it's still a mismatch vs WR )

the inevitable :

expect more of the same, why bother thinking much will change with this regime anyways.